Primary Regulator not regulating?..

What went wrong? Was this supposed to happen? Should I throw it out? What do I do now?

Moderator: slothrob

jonnyz

Primary Regulator not regulating?..

Post by jonnyz »

Hell all, love the advice you have on here, i learn something new every time i browse around the topics. Anyway, I am about to Keg my first batch, and am having a minor problem with the CO2 regulator. It has a dual gage setup, and they both work, but the only way to restrict gas to the keg to get the desired pressure is to basically close the master valve on the tank itself. I don't know if the regulator is broken, but shouldn't there be a way to keep the tank fully opened and restrict gas with the regulator setup? Any advice would help, thanks for the time
warthog
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by warthog »

yeah, there should.... that's what regulators are supposed to do. they regulate the pressure.

not to put you down, you probably have everything hooked up right, but let me ask you a few questions to make sure.

1. regulator attached to co2 tank, main valve open. right?
2. output leads to input on keg
3. first dial reads something like 800 lbs (full tank in fridge)
4. second dial reads pressure you want to carbonate your beer at (~10-15 psi)
5. turning the screw infront of the second dial, changes the reading on that dial.

if all those are true, everything is good. if not, what's happening?
PC 2.6ghz cel, XPpro,2gbRAM, 1920x1200
jonnyz

Post by jonnyz »

Thats the thing, when i turn that screw nothing seems to happen as far regulating. Is fully screwed in sopposed to be closed, and fully backed out open?
jonnyz

Post by jonnyz »

ok, i figured it out, i was screwing thr screw the wrong way. I just didn't want to waste my co2, because the tank isnt certified, and im going to have to pay some $ to take care of that when it runs out. Thanks for putting up with my idiotism