Beer Tools Pro installation problem

Discussion and topics about BeerTools.com online calculators and other tools.

Moderator: jeff

Tikhon

Beer Tools Pro installation problem

Post by Tikhon »

Hi all,
Need help installing Beer Tools software. I've just purchased Beer Tools Pro 1.0.16. When I tried to install it it told me that my registration key has expired. I have checked Readme file and it says that if my re key has expired to go to http://www.beertools.com/html/my.php?tab=downloads to obtain a new license key, but htere is ni key on that page.

Please help...

Would really like to use this programm and it seems like quite a bad start when you can't even install a software you have paid for.
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

send a message to Lathe or Jeff. They will get it fixed for you
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
JPinAZ
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by JPinAZ »

There's a link on the downloads page to request a new key right under the program name.
MJR

Re: Beer Tools Pro installation problem

Post by MJR »

Tikhon wrote:Hi all,
Would really like to use this programm and it seems like quite a bad start when you can't even install a software you have paid for.
No kidding.

I just bought it, opened it and got the part where I enter my name, email and registration key, and could only hit exit or purchase. The register button wasn't even a choice. Why am I being asked to purchase it when I already did and have the proper code?

NOT a good first impression, thus far. :(
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Beer Tools Pro installation problem

Post by jeff »

MJR wrote:Why am I being asked to purchase it when I already did and have the proper code?
It is quite common for registration screens to include a "Purchase" link for those who have obtained a copy of the software as a demo or from a friend. The "Purchase" button is a convenient way to provide a way for the user to see how they can purchase their own license.

If the "Register" button has not activated, it means that you have improperly entered your name, email or license key. The license key is dependent on the correct entry of the name and email used when placing the order. A difference of just one letter will prevent the "Register" button from activating.

Please check your information again, and make sure you haven't abbreviated something or left something out. Also, as explained in the instructions on the register screen, do not enter the number one (1) or zero (0) when typing the license key. The license key does not contain those numbers.

Thanks.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
beerphoto
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by beerphoto »

I'm actually having the same problem - I'm having a hardware issue which I'm wondering is responsible for the problem. My harddrive died last week on my Powermac and I'm currently booting/running off a Carbon Copy Cloned firewire drive.

Now when I try to run Beer Tools, I get the registration window. I enter the code exactly as it was e-mailed to me when I purchased it and I get the following message, "Sorry, this license key has expired."

I'll be putting a new harddrive in this week - but then Carbon Copying the system back onto it. Will I still have this issue???
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

beerphoto wrote:"Sorry, this license key has expired."
You can resolve this issue by requesting a new key from My BeerTools. The new key will be sent to the email address you have saved in your profile. If the problem persists using the new key, please let me know.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff