Better Bottle?

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

billd220
Light Lager
Light Lager

Better Bottle?

Post by billd220 »

Hi, i have seen what they call a "Better Bottle" on several brew supplies websites. Is this just basically a platic water jug...like you would see in a bottled water dispenser at work? Can that be used for fermentation?
cozrulz
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by cozrulz »

Most of the people who have them like them. They would probably work well as your primary. Beersmith has a thread on them. http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php?topic=259.0
kthorson

Post by kthorson »

I have switched to using better bottle carboys and don't think I will ever use glass again unless I have to (like to may things fermenting at once). They are just so much easier to handle since they are so light. The only issue is that because they are plastic, if you pick them up with the airlock on it can suck the liquid down. Not a big deal but something you need to be aware of. I think the ability to easily maneuver them while cleaning makes them worth every penny.

Kyle
yaturaz
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

I like the bb

Post by yaturaz »

I have two of them. I mainly use them for my secondary though. I have read things recently about plastic that makes me not want to use them any more though. They give off chemicals the higher the temp you get them:(.

I really would like a stainless conical fermenter, but I can't afford that right now. They sure are sweet though.