Condensation & One other question

What went wrong? Was this supposed to happen? Should I throw it out? What do I do now?

Moderator: slothrob

lgtg
Light Lager
Light Lager

Condensation & One other question

Post by lgtg »

Hi Everyone,

I noticed some condensation at the top of my primary, has anyone experienced this before? It's my second batch, don't recall it happening on the first go around. All I can think of is it's been unseasonably cold (40 to 50ish in south Florida) and the temp differentials haven't been more than about 10 to 15
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

RE: Condensation & One other question

Post by wottaguy »

Hi Larry,

I take it that you're using either a glass or better bottle carboy. I wouldn't worry about the condensation that may be appearing in the upper neck area of the bottle. As long as you have done your part to sanitize the bottle and bung and air lock, everything should be ok.
As far as your bottle question goes, you can use any beer bottle that is not a twist off to bottle your brew with. The wall thickness of the twist off bottle is a bit thinner and the twist off threads on the neck may hinder the cap when it is capped onto the bottle. sometimes the caps don't fit correctly on these bottles. I personally only use the non-twist off bottles.

Hope this helps!

Ron
Visit my blog @ http://www.wottashomebrewblog.blogspot.com

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common