Classic City Brew Fest - Athens, Ga

What is happening in the world of brewing? Competitions, festivals, seminars, tastings and club events. Personal experiences and victories.

Moderator: slothrob

jdbooth
Light Lager
Light Lager

Classic City Brew Fest - Athens, Ga

Post by jdbooth »

I hope others will come. This will be my first and I would like to join a group going.

DETAILS:
Saturday, April 6, 2002, 2:30 pm to 7 pm, The Classic Center, 300 N. Thomas Street Downtown ATHENS, GEORGIA. Admission is only $17.75 in advance or $20 at the door (+tax). For more information or to charge advance tickets by phone, call (706) 254-BREW.

John
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

brewfest

Post by Freon12 »

I take from the posts that we will be able to sample that Eisbock there?;)
jdbooth
Light Lager
Light Lager

I am hoping...

Post by jdbooth »

I am hoping there will be Eisbock there just not mine. I will not have a batch ready for this particular event. I have never been to a brewfest much less participated as a homebrewer. I plan to enter at a subsiquent event, but not with the hope of winning, which would be nice; even to place, but to get an honest and well rounded opinion of my recipe. Have you ever entered into an AHA or HWBTA event?
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Hobby

Post by Freon12 »

I take beer making as a hobby and have not been doing it long enough to conform to any style. Events here are rare and most entrants are pros from microbreweries. I really don't care much about what others think about my beer as long as I am happy with it. The ability to make a particular taste, or kind, that's good enough for me.