Using Default settings: restoring factory settings?

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
slothrob

Using Default settings: restoring factory settings?

Post by slothrob »

I'd like to try and utilize the Default files more than I currently do.

I currently use Template files for most of the recipe information that remains consistent for most recipes of a certain type (e.g., one template for single step batch sparge, one for 2 step mash, one for partial boil, etc.)

I use Default for all my efficiencies, vessel and water info, so that I can easily write up a new Template containing all the constant data. I'd like to expand this customization of the default further by deleting a lot of the duplicate and unavailable grain information from my Default so that I don't have such a long list to search when creating a new recipes. I don't want this change to be irreversible, however.

If I delete items from the Ingredient Browser list and save that as Default, can I later restore the Browser list to it's original comprehensiveness if I find I've deleted an ingredient that I then need?
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Deleting ingredient data

Post by jeff »

If I'm not mistaken, you can't delete ingredients from the database that you didn't originally add. If you delete one of your own additions, however, there is no recovery of the ingredient. It just has to entered again.

Two edged sword I guess; lots of ingredients means flexibility, but also makes finding them more difficult.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

I saw the Delete button and assumed this was possible.

I guess that solves that dilemma.

I've been a bit confounded by the best use of Template vs. Default. I could do everything I do now nearly as easily with just the Template function. It makes me feel that I'm somehow underutilizing the program's options.

I'd be curious to hear how other users use the two functions?
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP