Batch Sparge - one more time

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

Sorry I never posted those screenshots I promised, my Daughter's wrapping up her semester and has needed the "brewing" computer every night for writing papers.

It looks like Lakota and Jawbox did the work, thanks guys! I'll post in the future if I stumble across anything interesting that isn't covered by their posts.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

Preset Batch Sparge Schedule

Post by bzwrxbz »

Is there a Preset Batch sparge schedule being worked on in BTP?

The separation step seems to work, but it does not adapt to volume scaling changes.

Also, I would like it tell me how much water i need to top up (infusion) after the rest, but before the first runnings if I need to pull one half of the total batch size.

My batch sparge schedule steps are near identical to some of the ones posted, but, I find that I can not adjust volumes and keep the schedule intact. Perhaps a preset batch sparge schedule would take care of a problem like this, with assumptions about taking two runnings, pulling half volume each time?

thx!
Fermenting : Ordinary Bitter, Hefe
Bottled : Too many bottles

WinXP PentiumIV Res:1920x1200 120DPI

Blog: http://hobbybrau.blogspot.com
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

bzwrxbz,

I agree it still needs work. I'd like to be able to do the same thing. Give btp the parameters and then let it do the math.

Ex.

Number of runnings: Enter what you want 2, 3 etc

Then have btp calc how much top up water, and any other infusions/sparge volumes required to get to your kettle volume. Plus it would need to take into account your lauter tun size to make sure that you don't exceed its capacity.

Later,
Jaw

PS. Just posted another batch sparge routine without the mash-out (similar to lakotas) http://waterstreetbrewery.net/?page_id=13
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
derfburg21
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by derfburg21 »

I am a newb at any Brewing program, also AG brewing. I just did my first 2 batches Xmas day. I got this program thinking it was gonna be easy to use, but dern do I have a lot to learn. All the terms get confusing. Anyway, how do I set up a batch sparge on this thing. The two previous post with examples will not load with my version. Help, please.
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by bzwrxbz »

derfburg21 wrote:I am a newb at any Brewing program, also AG brewing. I just did my first 2 batches Xmas day. I got this program thinking it was gonna be easy to use, but dern do I have a lot to learn. All the terms get confusing. Anyway, how do I set up a batch sparge on this thing. The two previous post with examples will not load with my version. Help, please.
It is pretty easy to understand once you see it. Looking at the files posted will make it fairly clear.

I am surprised you are not able to open the example file/s. What OS and Version No. of BTP are you running?

derfburg21
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by derfburg21 »

I am using XP, and version 1.0.18. No go on the examples. How about a screen shot?
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

Screenshots

Post by bzwrxbz »

This is from jawbox's file...

This should explain it all...

PS. Please forgive the font problem, I am running a strange DPI on my computer.

derfburg21
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by derfburg21 »

Thank you. That is what I was looking for.