Style Database in BTP vs. Website Recipe Calculator

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Style Database in BTP vs. Website Recipe Calculator

Post by billvelek »

Jeff, I find the info in BTP 'Styles' database to be pretty sparse and therefore very disappointing, and then I happened upon the 'Style Description' button on your website's 'Recipe Calculator'. WOW!! What a difference. I hope you plan to incorporate that same info in the BTP database; it really needs to be there because: 1.) it will be more convenient than having to go to your website, locate the 'Recipe Calculator', and enter the style; ... 2.) some of us aren't always online, and there have been plenty of times when I've had connection problems that keep me offline even when I don't like it; ... and 3.) not everyone is going to discover the online info or purchase the GOLD membership to have it available. Because I have BTP, I didn't feel that there was any need to even bother taking the time to look at the calculator, but I decided that I wanted to compare their features. Glad I did. Please consider adding the same info to BTP.

Edit: Moved this from the 'Techniques, ...' forum, where I posted it there by mistake instead of here.

Thanks.

Bill Velek
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Style Database in BTP vs. Website Recipe Calculator

Post by jeff »

Session->Style
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Ooops. I was looking in the wrong place. Thanks, Jeff.

Post by billvelek »

Duhhhh. Sorry about the unwarranted criticism. I'm still not completely familiar with BTP; it's taking me a long time. :shock: ... and I had been seeing lots and lots of detailed info about grains, hops, yeast, and other ingredients in the 'database', so that's where I was expecting to find similar info about styles. My bad. :oops: Now that you've directed me there, I do recall seeing that before but had just forgotten about it.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

no problem 8)
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff