hey guys, can I get updates for new updates ?

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
FrostyTheBeerman
Light Lager
Light Lager

hey guys, can I get updates for new updates ?

Post by FrostyTheBeerman »

Hi guys,

Is there any way of getting the forum to email me of any NEW threads posted on this sub forum ?

I have missed out on a number of new updates, and just by chance was over on the greenboard today, and saw that there was a new one.

I know some forum software can be set to alert you to ALL new threads posted in a specific area on the forum, and I don't see any, so I'm wondering ....

any help appreciated.

Frosty
BTP OverView Vids
http://www.detroitgrillking.com/frosty/btp

BTP OverView Videos

URL text
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: hey guys, can I get updates for new updates ?

Post by jeff »

FrostyTheBeerman wrote:Hi guys,

Is there any way of getting the forum to email me of any NEW threads posted on this sub forum ?

I have missed out on a number of new updates, and just by chance was over on the greenboard today, and saw that there was a new one.

I know some forum software can be set to alert you to ALL new threads posted in a specific area on the forum, and I don't see any, so I'm wondering ....

any help appreciated.

Frosty
BTP OverView Vids
I don't see that feature either, hopefully they will include it soon.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
JPinAZ
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by JPinAZ »

What about having an option for BTP to automatically check for an update when starting up?
Beer Snob
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Beer Snob »

Hmmm.... well as for me.... I consider this software to be in intense revision status. I check often.
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

What version are you using?......It does

Post by lathe »

JPinAZ wrote:What about having an option for BTP to automatically check for an update when starting up?
It's possible you may need to update. (If no update is available then it wont prompt you at start up.)
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff
earlb4
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: What version are you using?......It does

Post by earlb4 »

lathe wrote:
JPinAZ wrote:What about having an option for BTP to automatically check for an update when starting up?
It's possible you may need to update. (If no update is available then it wont prompt you at start up.)
Little problems with updates. Increased the size of my main drive and was required to ask for a new serial number, received one. Today when I upgraded to 16 it ask for a new number again, so I got one. That only leaves me one more if something happens. Any way around only being able to receive three numbers when you have problems?
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

earlb4 wrote:That only leaves me one more if something happens. Any way around only being able to receive three numbers when you have problems?
Why is it that you say you can only receive three license keys?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
earlb4
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by earlb4 »

jeff wrote:
earlb4 wrote:That only leaves me one more if something happens. Any way around only being able to receive three numbers when you have problems?
Why is it that you say you can only receive three license keys?
When I went to the section that gave me the new number it said 1 of 3 and then 2 of 3 so I took that to mean you could only have three
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

earlb4 wrote:When I went to the section that gave me the new number it said 1 of 3 and then 2 of 3 so I took that to mean you could only have three
Ok, I see what you mean. The 1 of 3, 2 of 3, etc. is the number of times the file has been downloaded. This number gets reset with each update. As for license keys, you can only request a new key when the old one has expired. The key expires in that it will not unlock the application after a certain period of time. Once the application is unlocked, however, you will not need the key anymore unless you install the application on a new computer or replace your hard drive. Installing an update should not require entering the license key again if nothing has changed on your system.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff