Screen display issue

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
Lakota
Light Lager
Light Lager

Screen display issue

Post by Lakota »

When starting BTP the program window does not fill the screen, it leaves a 1/4" gap at the top (Win XP SP2 and endless updates).

To temporarily correct this:

File->close->new session then click the minimize box - it displays the window in a minimized state (screen not filled).

Click minimize box(restore down) - it redraws the window, again minimized, but shifts it to the top of the screen and the minimize box becomes a maximize box.

Click the maximize box - the window maximizes filling the screen as it should.

File ->quit - BTP closes.

Start BTP - same window problem with a gap at the top of screen.

I tried saving a maximized screen as the default but to no avail, same problem. My screen is set at 1024x768, 96 dpi on a laptop. I have the same problem when installed on a second laptop with a different video card.

This problem popped up during the previous 5 or 6 updates I believe. I can uninstall and start with 1.0 and work forward if you need so as to identify when this arose.

Lakota
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Window positioning

Post by jeff »

I think I have a similar set up as you. I will follow the steps you mentioned above and see if I can work it out. Thanks for the details!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Not quite the same problem re the display

Post by billvelek »

I have the same operating system. I think I have noticed that before -- or at least something is a bit funky with the display -- but what I do is just hit the middle button, upper right corner of the screen (next to the red-x that closes the window). Seems like mine starts up with a small screen, and I have to hit that button twice whereas it should maximize the window with a single click. I didn't think it was a big enough deal to mention, but since you are talking about it now, I wanted to provide that feedback.

Bill Velek
Lakota
Light Lager
Light Lager

RE:Window Positioning

Post by Lakota »

To clarify my above post when I use the term"minimize" I mean restore down to original window size in Microsoft speak. The double boxes, not the horizontal minimize bar. It appears the application window is maximized at startup but does not read the screen size properly and thus doesn't fill the screen.

FYI
http://www.pcdoctor-guide.com/wordpress/?p=1725

Thank you,

Lakota