Lactose

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
PieOPah
Light Lager
Light Lager

Lactose

Post by PieOPah »

What has happened to Lactose?

I have used this in a previous recipe but now I can't find it anywhere.....

I have checked under Adjuncts (which is where I added it from the first time) but it is definately not there :(
earlb4
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: Lactose

Post by earlb4 »

[quote="PieOPah"]What has happened to Lactose?[/quote]

I have used this in a previous recipe but now I can't find it anywhere.....

I have checked under Adjuncts (which is where I added it from the first time) but it is definately not there :([/quote]

update 14 lets you edit any of the list, grain, hops etc and I entered it there and it stayed. Great feature, just don't know when it was added.
PieOPah
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by PieOPah »

I have edited the lactose that is in my last recipe and this still has all of the settings in it from before (although I don't know how accurate they are since it alters the ABV whn I change the amounts).

However, when I clock okay, it does not add this item to the list.

I would prefer not to have to manually add something like this since I don't know any of the properties. Why was it removed in the first place?
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by billvelek »

PieOPah wrote:snip ... I would prefer not to have to manually add something like this since I don't know any of the properties. Why was it removed in the first place?
I agree; it is far better for ingredients to already be on the list. Moreover, I just tried that feature and added 'Black Strap Molasses' and 'Sorghum Molasses' as adjuncts, without adding any of the data, and they were saved and now appear on the list. How is the program going to factor these ingredients into the recipe when I use them if it doesn't have data about them? Obviously, it won't. On the other hand, I can see how the data on some products could possibly vary so much that BTP might be hesitant to provide the data, but I can't imagine that lactose would be such an instance. I would expect lactose to be as reliably constant as sucrose; some molasses, on the other hand, will be more watery than others. Now I need to go back and delete my entries before I forget.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Lactose

Post by jeff »

Lactose probably got lost somewhere along the way in one of our dozens of DB files. Hard to keep track of these things; so recently we implemented a versioning system in the DB in an attempt to avoid losing stuff.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
mcginnis842
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by mcginnis842 »

So how would one go about adding Lactose to Beertools...not the process of adding a new ingredient but what are the values for Lactose that should be added.

Or where would I find the values to add to beertools?
Manufacturer?
amarillo1

Lactose

Post by amarillo1 »

OK, so I really can't figure this out. I've imported an old recipe that had Lactose in it. When I edit the Lactose in that recipie, it gives me all of the stats/information about lactose. I want to add lactose to a new recipe, but when I look on the lists it's not in the adjuncts drop down. What gives? Also, why can't I just copy and paste an ingredient (like lactose) from an old recipe into a new recipe? What is the point of the edit copy function if not to copy ingredients?
Should we expect that lactose will be added in an update?
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Version 1.0.16

Post by jeff »

Does lactose appear in the DB after installing version 1.0.16?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
mcginnis842
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by mcginnis842 »

Yep problem fixed.
PieOPah
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by PieOPah »

Yeah, thanks