1.0.10 install problem

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
Lakota
Light Lager
Light Lager

1.0.10 install problem

Post by Lakota »

Downloaded and installed the 1.0.10 update as I have done all updates. When I started BTP the registration page was displayed. I entered my license key and I received an error message telling me it had expired. I requested a new key and re-registered with the new key. When I run BTP many of the choices on the start menu are grayed out i.e. I can not open a file. on the Help->About BTP it says it's a 30 day trial version and the version # is a bunch of little box characters.

I uninstalled BTP, downloaded 1.0.10 again, reinstalled and received the same results.

Any help would be appreciated.
etbandit
Light Lager
Light Lager

1.0.10 Install error.

Post by etbandit »

I also had a problem running 1.0.10 after installing it as usual. The following comes up when I run 1.0.10:

Runtime error 4: Failed assertion
Failure condition: pluginEntryTable.GetEntry(entrypointName,out)
Failure message: can't find plugin method
ExtInteger.ExInteger(imputString As String)

Using 1.0.9 for now.
KenBoy

Post by KenBoy »

Lakota wrote:Downloaded and installed the 1.0.10 update as I have done all updates. When I started BTP the registration page was displayed. I entered my license key and I received an error message telling me it had expired. I requested a new key and re-registered with the new key. When I run BTP many of the choices on the start menu are grayed out i.e. I can not open a file. on the Help->About BTP it says it's a 30 day trial version and the version # is a bunch of little box characters.

I uninstalled BTP, downloaded 1.0.10 again, reinstalled and received the same results.

Any help would be appreciated.
Jeff, so you know it's not an isolated case, I followed exactly the same steps as Lakota (independently) and see exactly the same behaviour i.e. trial version displayed in Help About after entering a new registration key, and disabled menu items.
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

the same

Post by bzwrxbz »

Yes, I have the same issue... There may have been a building problem. Now I am dead in the water, luckily I brewed a couple of days ago so things are not so important.

No worries, I am sure you will fix the problem as soon as you guys wake up!

thx!
KenBoy

Post by KenBoy »

I've checked that you can go back and run version 1.0.9 so if you have to brew, you still can.

You will need to use the new registration key.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

New download

Post by jeff »

BTP is compiled using some thrid party plugins for various functions in the program. Apparently the latest plugin version messed with the license validation. I have uploaded a new 1.0.10 compiled with a previous plugin version and I think this helped. You will likely have to enter your license key again because the license file may have been overwritten when you tried to register the software again. If you get a license expire message, visit the Download Manager to issue a new one. Sorry for the inconvenience. :cry:
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by billvelek »

KenBoy wrote:I've checked that you can go back and run version 1.0.9 so if you have to brew, you still can.

You will need to use the new registration key.
Yes; a new registration key is needed because I tried to reload 1.0.9 and it still indicates that my regisration key has expired. How do I get a new one? I guess posting here should do it -- Jeff, please send me a new key.

Thanks.

Bill Velek
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

License key

Post by jeff »

billvelek wrote:Yes; a new registration key is needed because I tried to reload 1.0.9 and it still indicates that my regisration key has expired. How do I get a new one? I guess posting here should do it -- Jeff, please send me a new key.

Thanks.

Bill Velek
You can visit the Download Manager to get a new key. If the download manager doesn't have a link for a new key, then your existing key can be used. If you need me to send you a new key, let me know.

Before installing 1.0.9, you may want to consider downloading 1.0.11 which seems to fix the license error. Once again, sorry for the trouble.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff