"This means that you have access to over 5,400 recipes.

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
kieran
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by kieran »

I see where you're coming from Peter. It'd be nice to have maybe one or two good recipes for each style coming installed with the program, to get you started.
JPinAZ
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by JPinAZ »

While you may be limited to 5 beertools.com downloads per month, you can download & use all the Promash recipies your hard drive can handle.
PeterS

Post by PeterS »

JpinAZ. I have a purchased copy of Promash and a Purchased copy of BeerSmith, therefore, I am not short of recipes. I maintain that I had the impression from the advertising as so did others that I will have access either included or available for me to download a reasonable quantity of recipes but certainly did not aspect to be restricted to 5 recipes a month unless I purchase an additional so cold GOLD membership. I would have thought it was included in the price of the software.

Jeff, the more I read into this the more I am becoming impatient. For me the best solution would be to refund me the purchase price of the software on the grounds that it does not do what it advertise it to do. In other words I was misled by your advertising which I consider to be false...
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

PeterS wrote:Jeff, the more I read into this the more I am becoming impatient. For me the best solution would be to refund me the purchase price of the software on the grounds that it does not do what it advertise it to do. In other words I was misled by your advertising which I consider to be false...
You have been refunded. Please delete or uninstall the software from your computer. Thanks.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
monkey_doctor

Post by monkey_doctor »

Harsh, but fair Jeff.

Peter would not get off your case about downloading recipes from the database held on the web. I think you explained yourself enough and also made it clear that this is a hard to implement feature that will be in a new ver/update in the near future.

I do support that guy who said that maybe a few sample recipes of each style included in the download would be a good idea. it would allow you to get the feel of the program.

BTW - great program with some might fine features.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

monkey_doctor wrote:Harsh, but fair Jeff.
I hope I didn't come across mean. :shock: I issued the refund only because he requested it. Not trying to lose customers by any means.
monkey_doctor wrote:I do support that guy who said that maybe a few sample recipes of each style included in the download would be a good idea. it would allow you to get the feel of the program.
Yes, seems like a reasonable request. We are trying to come up with some ways to compile a nice cross section of recipes to get users going. If you have any suggestions, please let us know. Thanks!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
kieran
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by kieran »

If your database of recipes is in Sql or other format, you could perhaps just grab grab the "most viewed" recipes, the top one or two for each category.. with an extract and all-grain for each (or chosen randomly, so there are some extracts, partials and all-grains represented across the different styles).

Then, for people who are picky about the wording and database access, modify the wording to say something like:

"access to over 5400 recipes from the BeerTools.com website interface, allowing direct transfer of 5 recipes per month from BeerTools.com to BeerTools Pro for free, or alternatively 20 recipe transfers from BeerTools.com to BeerTools Pro with our GOLD membership, for a small additional fee"

Then nobody can dispute the access terms. Then just make it plain and clear, that if people really want to, they can hand-copy recipes themselves, or just load in ProMash recipes. :mrgreen:

I do like this program, its really great. My promash-using friend likes it too, once a few niggling things are sorted, which are probably more to do with our understanding of the scheduling than anything, he reckons he'll probably buy it.

K
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

kieran wrote:If your database of recipes is in Sql or other format, you could perhaps just grab grab the "most viewed" recipes, the top one or two for each category.. with an extract and all-grain for each (or chosen randomly, so there are some extracts, partials and all-grains represented across the different styles).
Yeah, we have been discussing how to compile a reasonable list. The problem that came up is that none of the partial and full mash recipes have any schedule information. So, if possible, we would like to leverage the experience of the authors who wrote the recipes to generate the mashing schedules for their recipes in BeerTools Pro. We'll see. :?
kieran wrote:Then, for people who are picky about the wording and database access, modify the wording to say something like:

"access to over 5400 recipes from the BeerTools.com website interface, allowing direct transfer of 5 recipes per month from BeerTools.com to BeerTools Pro for free, or alternatively 20 recipe transfers from BeerTools.com to BeerTools Pro with our GOLD membership, for a small additional fee"

Then nobody can dispute the access terms. Then just make it plain and clear, that if people really want to, they can hand-copy recipes themselves, or just load in ProMash recipes. :mrgreen:
I have to admit, I'm not the greatest writer; but I'm not trying to mislead anyone. I think my partner already utilized your copy. Thanks!
kieran wrote:I do like this program, its really great. My promash-using friend likes it too, once a few niggling things are sorted, which are probably more to do with our understanding of the scheduling than anything, he reckons he'll probably buy it.
And it will get better; the schedule is high on the priority list for refinement. Stay tuned! Thanks for all of your help.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
slothrob

Sample recipes

Post by slothrob »

Denny Conn and Jamil Z. seem pretty open about sharing their recipes and are respected for their recipe creation skills, among homebrewers. Perhaps they would be willing to allow inclusion of some already public recipes with credit or minor compensation.
Jamil has a number of great to-style recipes available and Denny has some more adventurous style-stretching recipes.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP