Beer Tools Pro under Linux/WINE

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.

Beer Tools Pro under Linux/WINE

Postby brewer13210 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:54 pm

Just curious, has anyone tried running the Windows version of Beer Tools Pro under Linux with WINE? If so, is there any loss of functionality?

Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Postby JunoBrewer » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:17 pm

It works in WINE. My laptop only runs Linux (don't know why... but it scoffs at Windoze heh heh...) and I have BTP running under WINE but it took some tinkering. I am still getting familiar with BTP on my main workstation (Windows) and learning all of the neat tricks still so I am not sure if there is any missing functionality. From a high level overview I would say nope... everything is there and works in WINE. However... WINE is an emulator and it's shaky in stability and slower (through no fault of BTP of course).

I can't wait for the Linux native BTP app as my sessions are never commenced without my trusty laptop handy.

Men live in a fantasy world. I know this because I am one, and I actually receive my mail there.
- Scott Adams

We really appreciate the test...

Postby lathe » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:33 pm

Please keep us posted how things go on the linux front. We are happy to see the Linux petition growing so might be happening sooner then we thought. But a WINE solution may be a nice stop gap.

We need more brave souls like you!
Lathe Staff
Double IPA
Double IPA

Postby Dale Hair » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:00 pm

JunoBrewer, what tinkering did it take to install under wine and do you still think it runs well and everything works?
Dale Hair
Light Lager
Light Lager

Return to BeerTools Pro General Topics