Cascade, First Harvest Ale

Reactions to and impressions of commercial and home made beers and beverages. Travelling and experiencing beers from around the world.

Moderator: slothrob

Fraoch
Double IPA
Double IPA

Cascade, First Harvest Ale

Post by Fraoch »

I have just tried the first harvest ale by Cascade in Tasmania.It really is a very interesting beer with an intense 'citrus hop bite" to it.I could still taste it( mouth still watering) an hour after i had drunk it.
Apparently, it is brewed using the FIRST Williamette and Cascade hops of the season BEFORE they are dried.Enough is harvested to make a days brewing.Which in this case is 50,000 cartons.If any should find their way across the waters to you guys,i thoroughly reccomend you buy yourselves a stubby or two and give it a try.It really does have a unique hop profile and is well worth the few $$$'s more.
In fact, i reccomend most of Cascades beers if any of you are in Australia, they stand way above most other Aussy brews.

Cheers!!!!!

fraoch
Raydownunder
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

I agree

Post by Raydownunder »

I agree with you mate I purchased only one bottle to try it out and a very well made ale, heaps of hops and a great fruity taste that lingers, might have to say the best beer currently made in Australia.

Cheers
Ray Mills
hophead
Light Lager
Light Lager

Best beer in Australia??

Post by hophead »

Wow...don't tell Foulgers:):):):):)