Merry Merry!

Reactions to and impressions of commercial and home made beers and beverages. Travelling and experiencing beers from around the world.

Moderator: slothrob

Gravity Thrills
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Merry Merry!

Post by Gravity Thrills »

What a Christmas Eve! The wife, kids, and I went over to our friends' house for a great Christmas Eve dinner, one that included cheese fondue, oysters Rockefeller, baked brie, and all kinds of other great stuff (Oh yeah, chocolate fondue and tiramisu for dessert, too!). But the highlight of the evening was the beer tasting we did. In addition to a handful of nice homebrews, we shared bottles of: Corsendonck Pater Noster (monk's dark), Rogue's Old Crustacean 1998 XS, Trappist beers from Rochefort ("10") and Westvleteren (Abt), 1987(!) Harvest Ale from Manchester, and a 1994 Thomas Hardy Ale. As I write, I am winding down with an Old Foghorn. What was it that Tiny Tim said? Oh, yeah... "God Bless us... 'hic!'... Everyone!"

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night!
Jim
Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

And God Bless you tiny Jim

Post by Azorean Brewer »

Jim,

Santa was very good to me too, I found under the tree, and complete wine making equipment kit with two wine kits a red and white (didn't want to tell Santa that I already had most of the stuff, I needed extra carboys and other equip. LOL...) anyway I have a Shirah (red wine) perking it's liitle heart away. Life is good.

Happy Birthday Baby Jesus.

Paul.