Shipping Beer

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

ne3l

USPS

Post by ne3l »

I talked to my local office, their response:

1. The box cannot have any label showing alcohol, so don't use a beer box

2. Make sure that the containers are sealed inside so that if one leaks it doesn't create a hazmat situation.

They didn't mention any other laws or regulations prohibiting the shipment, just that I couldn't use a box that showed an alcohol related logo or name on it.

My 2 cents worth
Primary: :(
Secondary:
Conditioning: Bavarian Hefe I, Meade
Drinking: Harvey's Honey Irish Red, American Brown
Irish Red, Bavarian Lager, Bavarian Hefe,
bfabre
Double IPA
Double IPA

USPS

Post by bfabre »

I have used only just the delivery address of the person you are sending it to. The inside will contain a layer of spray foam like the kind you can get from your local hardware store. Put the beer in a plastic bag and lay it on the foam when it has set to a semi ridged state. Then and the cover the bottles and the remaining area of the box with the remaining foam. No breakage has ever happened. Even from the most uncaring delivery person.
"B"
hansolo
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Re: USPS

Post by hansolo »

ne3l wrote:I talked to my local office, their response:

1. The box cannot have any label showing alcohol, so don't use a beer box

2. Make sure that the containers are sealed inside so that if one leaks it doesn't create a hazmat situation.

They didn't mention any other laws or regulations prohibiting the shipment, just that I couldn't use a box that showed an alcohol related logo or name on it.

My 2 cents worth
I am surprised by that, but good for you. It is apparent though that they are unaware of the regulations that they drill into us at my office. Like I said before, I plan to ship some entries to contests too. I also found that you can state that they are yeast samples to get around the alcohol regulations.
WWW.CAFEPRESS.COM/EHINNOVATIONS
T-shirts and more for homebrewers and people with a sense of humor
hansolo
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Re: USPS

Post by hansolo »

bfabre wrote: No breakage has ever happened. Even from the most uncaring delivery person.
Great technique!
p.s. I am very careful when I deliver my mail! :x Take it back!
WWW.CAFEPRESS.COM/EHINNOVATIONS
T-shirts and more for homebrewers and people with a sense of humor