making recipees

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

stouts
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

making recipees

Post by stouts »

hey all, my next batch will be an all grainer (first time) and i think its time to start wrighting my own recipees. where do ya start when learning to design a recipee? thanks jay
Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Right here is a goodplace to start

Post by Azorean Brewer »

Jay, I have found that you should think about the recipe style you want to brew, go in and read some recipes from that style. Get a good idea of what you should build upon and ask questions. Also a book by Tess and Mark Szamatulski "Clone Brews" has recipes that make it easy for the first timer to duplicate his/her favorite brew from all grain. The way they set up the book is that all recipes are in extract & all grain. Good luck and welcome to the next step.

Paul.
BillyBock
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Excellent Reference

Post by BillyBock »

"Designing Great Beers" by Ray Daniels is also an excellent reference. I can't say enough about it. Additionally, there are the Classic Beer Style Series of which I have 3 titles, Stout, Brown Ale, and Pale Ale. These are also great references with sample recipes, history, etc.

v/r
Bill
EmeticAle

Porter book

Post by EmeticAle »

Porter by the same fellow who did Pale Ale is my favorite in the series. He's good. I gotta check designing great beers. Thank!