15 Gallon Beer Kegs

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

Tyler Durden

15 Gallon Beer Kegs

Post by Tyler Durden »

Anyone have any ideas on obtaining like 3 15 gallon beer kegs, im stumped as to where I can pick some of these puppies up at, Id like to setup a RIMS system and if I am to do that Id like to have a bigger setup, any information is appreciated thanks.

Dan
Dr Strangebrew
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

How about

Post by Dr Strangebrew »

I use as a boiling kettle a 15 gal keg that I got from Sabco. I really like it. Their website is www.kegs.com.

Nate
just-cj
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by just-cj »

Sabco is a class organization -- I've had a number of dealings with them and am completely satisfied.
JimK

Post by JimK »

See if there are any beer distributors in the neighborhood. I have one about 10 miles away, and got a 15 gallon keg from them for $10. They won't sell you one from Miller or other big names, but they had a keg from a small brewery they ended up with and I snagged it. One thing, when you call the distributor, don't give up when the secretary says they don't sell em. Ask to talk to a manager, preferrably in the warehouse, where they may have ended up with some extra kegs somehow. I talked to four people in one phone call. The first three basically said we don't do that. The last one said, "Sure, we got a few back here, come and get one. Good luck!
DreamWeaver
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by DreamWeaver »

JimK wrote:See if there are any beer distributors in the neighborhood. I have one about 10 miles away, and got a 15 gallon keg from them for $10. They won't sell you one from Miller or other big names, but they had a keg from a small brewery they ended up with and I snagged it. One thing, when you call the distributor, don't give up when the secretary says they don't sell em. Ask to talk to a manager, preferrably in the warehouse, where they may have ended up with some extra kegs somehow. I talked to four people in one phone call. The first three basically said we don't do that. The last one said, "Sure, we got a few back here, come and get one. Good luck!
What JimK said &...

I called my local beer distro and found a few pallets of Hoff-Stevens kegs ready for the metal scrap yard. $10 ea. Then called the scrap yard and hit pay dirt! Sanke kegs for $13ea. Then a trip to the local welding shop and a Homebrew for the welder & $15 will get it plasma cut nice & clean. I found large stainless vessels there too... I had to leave before my brew juices got the best of me!
Four More Beers!... Four More Beers!... Four More Beers! ...