Automated Brewing

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

Tyler Durden

Automated Brewing

Post by Tyler Durden »

Anyone got any ideas on setting up an Automated poor mans Home Brewery, I'd like to set it up close to something maybe a commercial brewery might be using but way cheaper. Im looking for a system for consistent brewing all the time, without some of the hassles that do come about with home brewing. If you know of some parts or something I need to look out for or know of some plans that are great and easy to follow that would be great. Im not looking to spend alot of money here by all means. -Ideas Suggestions-
DreamWeaver
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by DreamWeaver »

Aw, C'mon... get your hands dirty and brew. you'll appreciate it more if ya got some spilt wort and can brag to your friends... "I made this beer!"

I sold my magnetic pump because one day I watched as it aerated my wort before my eyes. My back aches every time I do a 10 gallon batch and brew days are 7 hours of hard work & anxiety that rewards great beer on Carbonation Day and I forget all of my pains as a mother giving birth... ok maybe not.... but close. Brew On! :D
Four More Beers!... Four More Beers!... Four More Beers! ...
Mirabeau
Light Lager
Light Lager

Automated Brewery

Post by Mirabeau »

I took a look on a similar project.
Such equipment like PCI interface and automats are VERY expensive.

I agree with Tyler, saying that the pleasure in homebrewing is not only to open a well carbonated brand new homemade beer, but also to make it !
Feel it, smell it, watch it, and look at it living, evoluting like your baby does !

Have fun with homebrewing !

PM : a friend of mine has built what we call a "pico" brewery :
http://biere.jg-laurent.com
but not so "fully automated"
(beware of french speaking !)
Jean-Luc
Webmaster of a homebrewers forum
(french spoken)
http://www.brassageamateur.com/forum
Mesa Maltworks
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Re: Automated Brewing

Post by Mesa Maltworks »

Tyler Durden wrote:Anyone got any ideas on setting up an Automated poor mans Home Brewery, I'd like to set it up close to something maybe a commercial brewery might be using but way cheaper. Im looking for a system for consistent brewing all the time, without some of the hassles that do come about with home brewing. If you know of some parts or something I need to look out for or know of some plans that are great and easy to follow that would be great. Im not looking to spend alot of money here by all means. -Ideas Suggestions-
I used to be a DDC/Process Control engineer before I became a brewer. What do you want to control, how accurately and what is your budget to establish such a system? There has to be a payback (like labor savings, consistency or/and quality improvements) to justify the investment. And... "I don't know" or "as little as possible" is not an answer. Tell me how much you are willing to spend to achieve your goals. I will be able to tell you whether your desired outcome is achievable given your budget.

Eric
Make your next beer (or spirit) a local one!!!!

Eric Watson
Head Distiller & Brewer

Seven Fathoms Rum
Georgetown, Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
canman
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by canman »

http://p221.ezboard.com/fbarleysforume. ... =184.topic
there are some great ideas here.
I am semi auto with seperate heat exchanger and auto mash temp