I want a huskbuster

Discussion and topics about BeerTools.com online calculators and other tools.

Moderator: jeff

haludar

I want a huskbuster

Post by haludar »

i want a huskbuster why are they not in the store anymore... how much do they cost ...do you still sell them...
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

HuskBuster

Post by jeff »

The HuskBuster is not currently available, and unfortunately I don't know when they will be. I have many parts but no rollers. The manufacturing of the rollers was inefficient and a new process has to be used to create these parts. Some new methods have been explored and they seem promising, but we haven't settled on one yet. I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
jtrainer

Post by jtrainer »

Well can I buy a stripped down kit without the rollers?

I have access to metal rollers, but was intriqued by the kit offerings.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Rollerless Kit

Post by jeff »

You are welcome to purchase the frame, bearings and other parts if you prefer to make rollers yourself. The bearings have an ID of 0.500" and the roller is 3.5" in diameter. The length of the rollers is 2.25". The drive roller requires a tooth-like surface in order to pull grain through the gap because the slave roller is not driven by the crank. The slave roller turns as grain is milled.

We have purchased two machines that will be used to manufacture the rollers but we won't have them in production until spring. When we have the new rollers in stock, you will be able to purchase them individually. The new rollers will be the same dimension as the old ones but will be solid aluminum instead of plastic.

You can purchase the kit without rollers for $49.95. The bucket mount is $14.95 and the hopper lid is $9.95. If you are interested in any of these, you can contact me at jeff@beertools.com Thanks!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
jtrainer

Post by jtrainer »

So if I was patient how much more will the rollers make the total price of the kit?

Honestly spring is just around the corner....