Briess 2 Row Pale Anyone ?

Grains, malts, hops, yeast, water and other ingredients used to brew. Recipe reviews and suggestions.

Moderator: slothrob

Mesa Maltworks
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Briess 2 Row Pale Anyone ?

Post by Mesa Maltworks »

I recently recieved 1,000# of Briess 2-Row Pale Ale Malt of which I used 400# in a test batch. I did not like the resulting flavor (nothing wrong with the malt) and switched to Marris Otter. I now have 600# of B2RPA that I have no use for. If anyone out there wants it, I'll sell it at cost plus shipping. Prepaid, minimum order of 200# @ $.41/#. ($20.50/bag)

Eric
Push Eject
Double IPA
Double IPA

You bet... but where are you?

Post by Push Eject »

Eric --
Sounds great, wish we could all buy 1klbs at a time.
However, where are you? Just want to estimate shipping.

Thanks!
Charlie Ollie Essers
bredmakr
Double IPA
Double IPA

Yes please.

Post by bredmakr »

put me down for 200#.
bredmakr@hotmail.com

Mike
Mesa Maltworks
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Location....

Post by Mesa Maltworks »

The grain will ship from Evansville, IN. If you give me your location, I will get the freight from UPS. All orders must be prepaid. Anyone that is close enough could come pick it up if they want as well.

Eric

Eric
Push Eject
Double IPA
Double IPA

Palmdale, CA 93551

Post by Push Eject »

My guess is shipping might be more than the grain itself! :)
Gravity Thrills
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

any turkey farms left?

Post by Gravity Thrills »

Hey Push,

all I know about Palmdale, CA, comes from a great old FZ song called 'Village of the Sun,'but I need to check details with a local. The song puts a little town called Sun Village (where Frank spent some of his teenage years) "out in back of Palmdale where the turkey farmers run." It goes on to lament that the smell of the farms would "take the paint off your car and wreck your windshields too - I don't know how the people stand it but I guess they do." Now tell me, did Frank give Sun Village a bad rap? Or, has the town been swallowed up by development?

I apologize, but as a kid I learned most of my western geography from FZ. I never could confirm if they really grew dental floss in Montana, though...

Cheers,
Jim
Push Eject
Double IPA
Double IPA

:::Laughing:::

Post by Push Eject »

I've only lived out here for seven years, but I don't know of a Sun Village or a turkey farm near by. It gets !@#$ hot in the summer time, but it's actually snowing right now.
User "Sven" could probably tell you more -- he's a local. You out there, Sven?
Gobble, gobble,
Ollie
Mesa Maltworks
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Shipping $...

Post by Mesa Maltworks »

Yea... that seems to always be the case unless you get grain truck freight. I usually get 12,000 to 16,000 pounds at a time and I think even at that amount the freight cost is high !
I wasn't sure what homebrew shops were charging for this malt, so I looked at Williams Brewing. Without shipping, they charge $ 47.90 per 50#. At my cost of $ 20.50 per 50# + shipping to you, there should still be room for some savings, I hope ! I intend to get the info together tomorrow for those who replied regarding shipping costs and let them know what is up. I am also looking into a way I can run credit cards through our POS to simplify payment. I'll get back ASAP...

Eric
Mesa Maltworks
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Shipping to Palmdale, CA...

Post by Mesa Maltworks »

According to the UPS rate site, it will cost $ 37.87 for UPS ground to you. So... $ 20.50 + $ 37.87 = $ 58.37.

Eric
Push Eject
Double IPA
Double IPA

Well...

Post by Push Eject »

You have to admit that's kind of funny.

Charlie