Instructions

Grains, malts, hops, yeast, water and other ingredients used to brew. Recipe reviews and suggestions.

Moderator: slothrob

andybrew2010

Instructions

Post by andybrew2010 »

Ok, maybe I am over my head, But I have brewed a few batches partial and extract from kits and I am ready to move on. I like a bunch of the recipes here at beer tools, but here's a dumb question. My brewing lingo isn't all there yet...are there any instructions to these recipes?
slothrob

instructions

Post by slothrob »

Not really. It would be nice if brewers at least included mash temperature for all grain recipes, and fermentation temperature would be nice, but we're dependent on them including that information in the Notes, which they often forget to do.

If you have particular questions, someone around here can probably help out or send you in the right direction to find the answer.

As always, if you haven't read it already, get John Palmer's How to Brew for general brewing knowledge. If you are interested in learning how to make specific styles of beer, Brewing Classic Styles by John Palmer and Jamil Zainacheff has good background information for tailoring your brewing technique to make authentic types of beer.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP