Recipe Index for Brewing Classic Styles

Grains, malts, hops, yeast, water and other ingredients used to brew. Recipe reviews and suggestions.

Moderator: slothrob

bdjwayne

Recipe Index for Brewing Classic Styles

Post by bdjwayne »

I posted this on a couple of forums, but not here. I made a spreadsheet for all the recipes in the book Brewing Classic Styles by Jamil Zainasheff and John Palmer. The spreadsheet allows you to search all the recipes by OG, FG, IBUs, malts, yeasts, etc. It comes in handy when you want to check to see which recipe you can brew with the ingredients you have in inventory. The book isn't indexed by ingredients, so if you have a yeast cake that will be ready in a few days, you can find all the recipes that Jamil brewed with that yeast without having to go through the entire book, recipe by recipe looking for your yeast.

I did get permission from Jamil and the publisher in case anyone is wondering.

It's a good tool if you use the recipes in Jamil and John's book as much as I do. The comment boxes work better in the Excel 97 version.

Hope it helps.

http://www.winning-homebrew.com/recipe-database.html
kevponce
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by kevponce »

Bobby Don

I visited your site. Good stuff, but I went to get the link for the Iodine test and it is broken
bdjwayne

Post by bdjwayne »

Thanks for the heads up. I just put the page up two days ago and hadn't checked the link. It's fixed now.

Cheers!