Northernbrewer Beer Kits

Grains, malts, hops, yeast, water and other ingredients used to brew. Recipe reviews and suggestions.

Moderator: slothrob

brewmeisterintng
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Northernbrewer Beer Kits

Post by brewmeisterintng »

Christmas came early. My wife bought me five... yes five all grain kits from Nothernbrewer. They are having a special on shipping and with the shortage of hops and the cost of liquid yeast, the prices are good. There was a little mix up on the order but customer service is top notch. I even got a reply on a Saturday. I haven't brewed any of the kit yet but am looking forward to it.
Did I say I have a great wife... :lol:
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

Good brewing!
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
wwarrior152
Light Lager
Light Lager

Brewers Wife

Post by wwarrior152 »

Man... I wish I had a wife like that. All I ever get is socks and underwear from my honey! :)
brewmeisterintng
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

I am blessed

God has truely blessed me with a wonderful wife. Been married going on 26 years. She figures that if I work hard for my money, I should be able to enjoy myself too.
Since my last post if have made the NB Irish Amber Ale and Dry Irish Stout. Both turned out wonderful. :D
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

RE: i m Blessed...

Post by wottaguy »

Hi James,

Good to hear that life is treating you good. Also happy to hear that you last 2 brews came out good too! I just wanted to say that your Bitburger Clone has been in the fermenter going on 3 weeks now, and is almost ready to be cold crashed in a few days, then held around 40 degF for a week or so...then it will be racked into kegs to lager for at least 4 weeks or so depending on how it tastes. I'll let you know when it's done!

Thanks!

Ron (_)3
Visit my blog @ http://www.wottashomebrewblog.blogspot.com

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
brewmeisterintng
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Whats your recipe

Ron,
I looked for your recipe to see the mods you made to mine but didn't find it. I have brewed it a few times changing it a little every time. I never did get the sweet honey like flavor of a true Bitburger so it got placed on the back burner for awhile. I'm currently brewing ales but will revisit lagers again real soon. I did buy a chest freezer and a temp control unit just for that reason.