Wit beer

Grains, malts, hops, yeast, water and other ingredients used to brew. Recipe reviews and suggestions.

Moderator: slothrob

dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Looking Back

Post by dartedplus »

Now that I went and looked at the recipe, I realize that it was with extract. I have been all grain for a while , but obviously wasnt then. The article in BYO did have an all grain recipe which I will post if you want it. As for me, I think I will make it exactly as I did last time, only because it came out so close to what I was looking for. Let me know if you want it and I will post it for you.
Ed
Gravity Thrills
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Don't Look Back in Anger

Post by Gravity Thrills »

Thanks, Ed. I have the BYO recipe, some insights from the last ish of All About Beer, and a celis White Replicator recipe that I think have me going on the right track.

Cheers,
Jim
dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

GOOD...ENJOY IT

Post by dartedplus »

now that you have me thinking about it i will have to make a batch, that is if i can make my wife think that that is what she wants, as it is her turn to pick a beer. i shouldnt have to work too hard to convince her since she loved it the first time. although i have a pound and a half of blackberry puree sitting around that i might add. not enough to make a strong flavor but enough to lend a niuce fruity subtleness. what do you think?? or should i not mess with a good thing??
ED
Gravity Thrills
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

yumm!

Post by Gravity Thrills »

Go for it. I recall someone somewhare noting that they primed something light and tasty like this with Chambord liquor instead of sugar - I'll bet that would be good too!

These days, my wife says I can brew anything I want... as long as I do it starting after she goes to bed and I don't wake up the kids. Lots of vampire brew sessions lately, but you can't beat it when there's a full moon.

Cheers,
Jim