recipe for woodchuck clone

Grains, malts, hops, yeast, water and other ingredients used to brew. Recipe reviews and suggestions.

Moderator: slothrob

brewdude2

recipe for woodchuck clone

Post by brewdude2 »

Anybody have a recipe for a woodchuck clone or a reasonable facsimile? I've tried to find one but the best I could do was a recipe that uses all cider and ferments like wine. I'd prefer an all grain recipe but would settle for any kind of malt based recipe.
vtterror
Light Lager
Light Lager

Woodchuck Clone?

Post by vtterror »

Are you referring to fermented cider made in Middlebury VT? From what I've read, that Woodchuck is a aparkling New England Style Cider. According to BJCP guidelines, NE style is fermented from cider using wild or wine yeast, and has no adjuncts other than white or brown sugar, molasses, honey(sparingly), and/or raisins.
I suppose there's no reason you couldn't use malt extract in place of sugar, but I'm not sure what grains you'd want to add. If you're interested in apple flavored beer, Unibroue in Quebec, Canada made this year's Ephemere with green apples. Ephemere is a witbier (I think) flavored with a different fruit each year. If you can find it, try it.