Recipe Suggestions/Help

Grains, malts, hops, yeast, water and other ingredients used to brew. Recipe reviews and suggestions.

Moderator: slothrob

broon
Light Lager
Light Lager

Recipe Suggestions/Help

Post by broon »

Anyone had/heard of Tucher? They make a helles with a light blue lable that I can't get here and would like to try and brew it. Suggestions?
KBrau
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Hefe Weizen?

Post by KBrau »

Are you referring to their Helles Hefeweizen or is this a Munich Helles?
broon
Light Lager
Light Lager

Hefeweizen

Post by broon »

It's the Hefeweizen.
KBrau
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Watered Down Hefeweizen

Post by KBrau »

I don't have a recipe specific to this beer, although I may be able to point you in the right direction. Tucher Helles Hefeweizen is a refreshing beer but the flavor is kind of weak and the body is rather thin in comparison to the typical weizen. If I were attempting to brew this beer, I would find a good Weizen recipe and tone it down to a less hearty version. Maybe create a recipe that starts your gravity between around 1.040 and 1.045, which is the bottom end of the spectrum for that beer style. This will probably yield you with a refreshing summer brew, so if I were you I would get cracking before the summer is gone. If you want somthing more specific let me know and I will try to help formulate a recipe for you. Just be sure to let me know if you brew extract, partial mash, or all grain.
broon
Light Lager
Light Lager

Thanks

Post by broon »

Thanks for your advice. It's been about two years since I've had the beer. I don't remember the Tucher that I had being watered down so maybe it's not the hefe that I'm looking for. I recently did a Weihenstephaner Hefe-weissbier clone that was excellent and I would hate to water that down. I guess I need to make the four hour drive to get some samples so I can be sure.

I would try any all grain recipes you might have for the other Tucher beers. Thanks again.