Quick Disconnects??

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

bredmakr
Double IPA
Double IPA

Quick Disconnects??

Post by bredmakr »

I've recently acquired a pump. Thanks to my brother and long time supporter of the Daily Bread Brewing Company. I will now be looking into purchasing hoses and quick disconnects. What would ya'll recommend I go with for hose type and quick disconnect sets. Brass is cheap but does it perform. The Snapflex sets look nifty but do they last. Obviously Stainless in the way of the force but I aint got the cash for that now. Will upgrade to all stainless eventually. For now I'm just interested in hearing about your experiences with the different types so I can make an informed decision.

Have you had your ration of grains today?
BredMakr
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Best for now

Post by Freon12 »

Silicone hose is cool, it can withstand high tempreture and is FDA. Not as cheap as plastic, but about as cheap as brass.

As for quick connects, the silcone is flexable so barbs are the way to go and they just pop off.
If you want it to also shut off then a brass valve with a barb threaded into it. (did you get that wort chiller picture sometime ago?)

Stainless isn't that bad if you use swaglock stuff. I mean the tubing is not pricey, it's the $45.00 per valve swaglock that's ugly!

Steve