party star deluxe mini keg system

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

hazegray77

party star deluxe mini keg system

Post by hazegray77 »

Any opinons on these mini kegs? I've heard more bad than good. What's the right amount of priming sugar? Carbonation problems are my biggest concern. Thanks in advance from a newb
brewmeisterintng
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Money Wasted

Post by brewmeisterintng »

Well, if you count the learning experience, not a complete waste. I have given all my mini keg equipment to my brother brewer with the understanding that it just doesn't work. We have both since started kegging and there is no turning back. The mini kegs are coated with lacquer which will soon give and cause rust. The kegs don't hold up to pressure and will bulge. If you are successful in carbonating, sometimes you end up with a keg of foam. Bottom line is that they were never designed for natural carbonation.
If you insist on the experience, buy the kegs and tap as I did. Sure I could put 1.25 gallons in one container but the end result was less than desirable.
Bottom line is to stick with bottles until you can get a real kegging system. Than, kick yourself for not kegging sooner. 8)