Equipment adjustments

Brewing processes and methods. How to brew using extract, partial or all-grain. Tips and tricks.

Moderator: slothrob

blindguardian
Light Lager
Light Lager

Equipment adjustments

Post by blindguardian »

I did a recipe that BTP called for an 8 gal boil to end up with 5.50 gal (Doing a 90 min boil) of course I had my boil off rate as 1.5 gal/hr but I ended up with 6.25 gal. with a boil off rate at .98 for the 90 mins.

How would I go about adjusting my boil off rate on my equipment? Not in the recipe. So when I load my equipment it would set the default boil off rate?
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

You have to set your boil off in the recipe. If you know your boil-off rate just set it. Go to file and make default. This way you wont need to keep entering that info. I do the same thing for my batch size. I also setup the mash-in and saccharification rest as I always do a single step infusion. Saves me time.

You could also utilize the templates. Create one for batch sparge, Fly sparge, Decoction etc.

Jaw
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
blindguardian
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by blindguardian »

Thanks for the quick reply
slothrob

boil off/equipment

Post by slothrob »

I think you would need to save a template that has the equipment set and boil-off rate you want to link. Then you could apply that to a recipe to choose those parameters, or set it as your default to make new recipes use that set-up automatically.

If you want to use multiple sets of equipment this way, you would save multiple templates and apply them as appropriate.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP