Very little carbonation

Brewing processes and methods. How to brew using extract, partial or all-grain. Tips and tricks.

Moderator: slothrob

g-pa

Very little carbonation

Post by g-pa »

am new to extract brewing I am starting my 4th batch (liberty cream ale) my first two were irish red and the 3rd was honey weizen ( all extract) they all tasted fairly well , the irish reds had little carbonation and the honey weizen had VERY little all were 1 week in primary , 2 in secondary and three in the bottle at 68-70 deg. I primed with 3/4 cup corn sugar boiled with 1 cup water and mixed well . The bottles were on a table(not the floor) , the same place as the primary and secondary fermentation it seemed to be fermenting very well there @ 68 -70 deg

and the carbonation.it does have, does not last long at all. and I cleaned the glasses and rinsed

any suggestions as to what am might be doing wrong? I thought about using muntons carb drops but dont know if that will help me any
slothrob

Re: Very little carbonation

Post by slothrob »

g-pa wrote:and the carbonation.it does have, does not last long at all. and I cleaned the glasses and rinsed
Does your beer not have much carbonation (3/4 cup should be more than enough priming sugar) or not much head?

They are connected but have different possible solutions.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP