Can't wait wit

Brewing processes and methods. How to brew using extract, partial or all-grain. Tips and tricks.

Moderator: slothrob

Can't wait wit

Postby Radler » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:48 pm

I've just brewed a wit on Saturday and it's going along pretty well in the primary but I need to go away for a while and would like to leave tomorrow though it could wait till Wednesday. The question is this: if it's still got krausen and airlock activity is it a sin to transfer to secondary? I would do it when I get back but I don't want to leave it on all the bottom junk for too long. Thanks folks.
Radler
Light Lager
Light Lager
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:47 pm

Postby BillyBock » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:36 pm

If you're not going to be away long, I'd say leave it in the primary--2 or 3 weeks isn't bad. Transferring to secondary too early will run you the risk of a stuck ferment.
BillyBock
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout
 
Posts: 561
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2000 11:37 am
Location: Ohio


Return to Techniques, Methods, Tips & How To

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests