Linux bugs

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.

Linux bugs

Postby doctorjames » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:02 pm

Having finally got my mac laptop to run Linux natively I've been able to do a brew day using the Linux version and have a few small bugs that I've found:

• Date uses American ordering despite using en_GB locale.
  • Extremely slow to redraw user interface despite using macbookpro8,3 - for example you can see graph lines being drawn when switching tabs between style and schedule; dragging the list divider is very slow to update. (This is unusual as most applications feel faster in Linux on this computer than in OS X.) May be a real basic problem.
  • Print quality and resolution is very low (seems to have been a bug in real basic that may or may not now be fixed - see http://forums.realsoftware.com/viewtopi ... =8&t=37988?)
  • Print preview just prints to the printer.
  • Print to pdf results in a low resolution pdf with subpixel antialiasing (red/green/blue fringes) which looks bad when printed. The image being saved has obviously been rendered for on-screen display.
  • When switching from Imperial to Metric volume units the "total water" units don't change until after a restart. (May be a bug on all platforms - I've not checked.)

None of these have been show stoppers though and I've been very pleased to be able to use the software on Linux. Cheers!
doctorjames
Light Lager
Light Lager

Return to BeerTools Pro Bug Reports