BeerTools Pro Bug Reports Archive C

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
just-cj
Double IPA
Double IPA

Re: Text positioning peculiarity

Post by just-cj »

Bob wrote:When looking through the various displays I've noticed that when you display Volume Adjustments then go back to any of the Ingredients' displays the text in the Stage column is shifted 1/2 character to the left. This will continue to display like this until you display Schedule which afterwards the Ingredients text is corrected. I've repeated this very minor error multiple times on my PC.
I found the same thing on my Mac.
iMac 20", 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2Duo, 4 GB Memory, OS 10.5.6, resolution 1680 x 1050.
Check out Baird Brewing
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Text positioning peculiarity

Post by billvelek »

just-cj wrote:
Bob wrote:snip ... the text in the Stage column is shifted 1/2 character to the left. ... snip
I found the same thing on my Mac.
Same here, too.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
Lakota
Light Lager
Light Lager

Drag n Drop

Post by Lakota »

I cannot add ingredients to a recipe by dragging them from the Library. The only way I can add them is by right clicking on the highlighted ingredient and select "Add to Recipe". If I recall correctly I could drag them in an earlier version or maybe I'm mistaken. I'm using v1.1.0.3.

Additionally, I can select multiple ingredients but they must be added one at a time to the recipe as drag n drop doesn't work.

However, I can drag items from the Ingredient DB to My Ingredients within the Library. Multiple selection and addition works as it should in this instance.

Any info would be appreciated.
System:Toshiba laptop, 2.7 GHz Intel Celeron 512Mb memory 40 Gb HD Win XP, SP2 and all the updates Video: ATI Mobility Radeon 7000 IGP, 96dpi, 64MB shared memory024x768, 32 bit, 15" screen
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

Re: Drag n Drop

Post by lathe »

Try downloading it again. Let us know if it is still an issue.
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff
Lakota
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Lakota »

Thanks for the quick reply Lathe, I uninstalled, downloaded, reinstalled .04 and problems I described were solved.

Should I be able to select multiple items in the ingredients display (I can't)? An example would be to delete multiple items at once or must they be deleted one at a time?

Lakota
System:Toshiba laptop, 2.7 GHz Intel Celeron 512Mb memory 40 Gb HD Win XP, SP2 and all the updates Video: ATI Mobility Radeon 7000 IGP, 96dpi, 64MB shared memory024x768, 32 bit, 15" screen
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

Lakota wrote:Should I be able to select multiple items in the ingredients display (I can't)? An example would be to delete multiple items at once or must they be deleted one at a time?
The lower list is still only enabled for single selection.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Bug: Unit Conversion

Post by billvelek »

bzwrxbz wrote:snip ... Edit: I am not sure if the unit conversion tab makes sense anymore since there is the right click option to get auto-conversion.
If you're referring to the 'Windows | Calculators | Units' tab, it is used for a lot more than just weight and volume conversions, and is still needed. Since it is working just fine for converting mass/weights, I'd prefer that it be left intact since it doesn't hurt anything to be there, and might be handy as an alternative way to make conversions.

As for the right-click option, I am not able to get it to work. Specifically, I am finally getting around to entering my inventory. I dragged my chocolate malt from the 'Ingredient DB' to 'My Ingredients', and tried to enter ounces, but it shows as pounds. I can't find anyway to change it from pounds to ounces.

EDIT: I also notice that my Safale US-05 is shown as 1 fl oz when it is actually 1 packet of 11.5 grams. Again, no way to change it.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Last edited by billvelek on Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

billvelek wrote:I can't find anyway to change it from pounds to ounces.
The abbreviation for ounces is "oz".
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by billvelek »

jeff wrote:
billvelek wrote:I can't find anyway to change it from pounds to ounces.
The abbreviation for ounces is "oz".
Okay. Sorry about that. I wasn't thinking of typing in the abbreviation. Duhhh. :oops:

Thanks.

Bill Velek
slothrob

saving recipes

Post by slothrob »

I had new trouble importing my recipes. A folder automatically appearedd that was called "imported Recipes" within the folder "Recipes" in the left gutter of Beertools 1.1.

However, when I make a new recipe, the save defualts to a folder in Documents>Beertools Pro>Recipes, the same folder that contains the "Imported Recipes" folder. The saved recipe doesn't appear in the "recipes" folder in the left gutter, though. If I move the file to the "imported Recipes" folder, it still doesn't appear in the View window when I click on "Imported Recipes" in the left gutter.

The only way I can get to the recipe is through the Open command in the Menu Bar.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

I seem to be able to save recipes to the database without a problem, now.

I'll try to repeat the previous problem.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
warthog
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

calculation differences

Post by warthog »

i have noted some calculation differences between btp 1.0.28 vs 1.1.0.4

specifically color and bitterness.

same recipe

btp:
og 1.074
tg 1.019
color: 37.0
alcohol: 7.37%
bitterness: 47.14

alpha:
og 1.074
tg 1.019
color: 36.99
alcohol: 7.37%
bitterness: 47.1

i know it's a small difference, on a pretty big recipe. but why a difference at all? or is it due to the different precision of the numbers? i'm not sure i need 2 decimal places for color or bitterness, so perhaps it would be better to leave both of these single digit.
PC 2.6ghz cel, XPpro,2gbRAM, 1920x1200
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA

User settings bug

Post by TCBrewguy »

After I've set my user settings (via "make default" feature) and then click the "new item" icon to create a new recipe, BeerTools's default settings -- and not the ones I've set -- come up. Now, if I open a new window, my settings appear. But I believe they should also appear when I create a new recipe using the "new item" button, right?
MacBook Pro 15.4" / 2GHz CPU / 250 GB HD / 1.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / OS X v10.5.8 / 1440 x 900 display / BTP v1.5.12
mpaniagua
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by mpaniagua »

I was testing the shopping list and came across the following:

I was editing this recipe:

this is my inventory:

as you can see I have no pilsener,caramunich or special B in my inventory.

Whe I go to the shopping list option, I get the following:

as you can see, it puts every grain under Pale Malt and not under it proper category.

the way I see, it should put it proper ingredient even if it is not in your inventory, to know what you should add to you inventory or create that ingredient.
slothrob

Frozen when change % of single grain

Post by slothrob »

I have a recipe that contains only a single grain.
I clicked on the proportion graph, got the double-arrow cursor and the preogram froze. I could move the cursor, but it wouldn't change away from the double-arrow.

I had to force quit BTP.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP