BeerTools Pro Bug Reports Archive C

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

Information Panel

Post by lathe »

billvelek wrote:Ver 6 (never noticed this command in previous versions): the menu command 'Window | Info'
Bill this is a new feature.

Just to clarify...do you have a recipe or ingredient selected when you open the info panel? (CMD+I for Mac or CTRL+I for PC)
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Information Panel

Post by billvelek »

lathe wrote:Just to clarify...do you have a recipe or ingredient selected when you open the info panel? (CMD+I for Mac or CTRL+I for PC)
Just by coincidence, I apparently did NOT have one selected in the TOP panel when I first tried it -- I guess it was just within the recipe ingredient list -- that would appear to be the only explanation for it being blank when I tried it.

Jeff/Lathe, this "Info" panel is a huge advance/improvement for BTP, as far as I'm concerned, which answers several suggestions and complaints -- at least that I've made -- such as the return of the old database and my request to list substitutes for hops in the top panel. I especially like the ability to resize and relocate the window so that I can put it over info I don't need at the time, like maybe the graphs at the bottom, and then cursor through the top panel list to successively display each page in the DB, and then still be able to right-click to add the ingredient, etc. Very nice feature. The only request/complaint that I have about it is that the text is just a tad bit small, so I hope that someday after you've worked through more important issues, that you will consider adding a user-selectable 'Text Size' in 'Preferences' for things such as the 'Info' panel and 'Notes' and anywhere else that it can vary without affecting the program and its layout.

Thanks.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
warthog
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

v6 install

Post by warthog »

no problems with install here.

see sig for system info
PC 2.6ghz cel, XPpro,2gbRAM, 1920x1200
mpaniagua
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by mpaniagua »

I just downloaded the alpha version and get this when trying to run it:

any idea?

it is the Mac version, version 1.1.0.6-alpha .
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

V1.1.0.6

Post by lathe »

mpaniagua,,

Did you read the installation instructionsfor V1.1.0.6?
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff
mpaniagua
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by mpaniagua »

sorry about that, read too fast..
:oops:
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

lathe wrote:
billvelek wrote:Ver 6 (never noticed this command in previous versions): the menu command 'Window | Info'
Bill this is a new feature.

Just to clarify...do you have a recipe or ingredient selected when you open the info panel? (CMD+I for Mac or CTRL+I for PC)
Three issues (bugs?) I have with this feature, which I think is a great idea:
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

[quote="slothrob"]
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA

Still getting v1.0.28 update dialog box sporadically...

Post by TCBrewguy »

Just wanted to let you guys know that I am still getting the "v1.0.28 update" dialog box occasionally upon startup.
MacBook Pro 15.4" / 2GHz CPU / 250 GB HD / 1.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / OS X v10.5.8 / 1440 x 900 display / BTP v1.5.12
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

jeff wrote: It is probably best to leave it open if you have the room for it.
Good point. I'll have to break the cmd-W habit.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
camelfilter
Light Lager
Light Lager

quirkiness upon saving

Post by camelfilter »

Hey Jeff,

Wow! This is lookin' good! I really like the browser panel on the left-hand side - reminds me of Beer Smith's. I absolutely LOVE being able to edit quantities within the main window, and the search functionality up-top is a very welcome addition. I'm just getting into exploring it, so I'll have more later.

However,...and there's always a 'however', I did experience a little 'gotcha'. After entering in some ingredients for an ESB recipe, I saved the file and was unable to add any ingredients to it after this save operation. I closed the program, opened it up and the same thing happened - it wouldn't allow me to add any ingredients. I tried it again, and finally I was able to add ingredients. From there on, I didn't have any problems, I was able to add in my recipe and formulate my mash schedule just fine. That's all for now. Lookin' good Jeff! :D

Ryan
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

Something very bad happened

Post by bzwrxbz »

I am not sure what happened, but my BTP 1.1.0.6 screen got corrupted, and now it stays that way even after i close it, and reopen. Here is a screenshot... I have not done anything with my screen res or size or anything to cause this to happen. I am going to try and reinstall BTP 1.1.06, and see if that fixes it, but i will wait till you respond here to see if you need any more info. The old version of BTP is ok still, so i will use that in the meantime

Fermenting : Ordinary Bitter, Hefe
Bottled : Too many bottles

WinXP PentiumIV Res:1920x1200 120DPI

Blog: http://hobbybrau.blogspot.com
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Something very bad happened

Post by jeff »

bzwrxbz wrote:I am not sure what happened, but my BTP 1.1.0.6 screen got corrupted, and now it stays that way even after i close it, and reopen.
The first thing I would try is removing the preferences file found in:
\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Prefs.xml

This will reset all of your preferences for both versions of BTP, but may help with the problem. Other than that, I have no idea what may have caused such bizarre behavior.

You can save the prefs file and send it to me if it seems the problem was caused by prefs. Thanks.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

it fixed the problems

Post by bzwrxbz »

Ok, Jeff, I emailed you the corrupted prefs.xml file. I am now running normally again.

cheers!
Fermenting : Ordinary Bitter, Hefe
Bottled : Too many bottles

WinXP PentiumIV Res:1920x1200 120DPI

Blog: http://hobbybrau.blogspot.com
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: it fixed the problems

Post by jeff »

bzwrxbz wrote:Ok, Jeff, I emailed you the corrupted prefs.xml file. I am now running normally again.

cheers!
Thanks for the file! I implemented a fix.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff