BeerTools Pro Bug Reports Archive C

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
slothrob

Re: Bug re display of hop utilization when 'Stage' is change

Post by slothrob »

billvelek wrote: Now, my question (and possible second bug) re the far-right bar graph next to the hops in the ingredients section: it indicates 'x'% U, which I take 'U' to mean Units of bitterness.
I think the problem here is that the %U is % Utilization, not % Units of bittering.

So a 60 minute boil gives 25% Utilization independent of how much hops are added.

Try changing the O.G., then see if that changes the %U, to test the refresh.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by billvelek »

slothrob wrote:
billvelek wrote: Now, my question (and possible second bug) re the far-right bar graph next to the hops in the ingredients section: it indicates 'x'% U, which I take 'U' to mean Units of bitterness.
I think the problem here is that the %U is % Utilization, not % Units of bittering.

So a 60 minute boil gives 25% Utilization independent of how much hops are added.

Try changing the O.G., then see if that changes the %U, to test the refresh.
I had just assumed that it was a refresh problem because no matter what I changed, I couldn't get the graph to change to another value; this was because I happened to select the bittering hops which already had a sixty minute boil, and with the basic utilization algorythm, 25% is the maximum value; coincidentally, I had never tried LOWERING the boil time (which would have changed the percentage) because I didn't realize it was "Utilization" (for some reason I thought that it represented 'Units').

Thanks for clarifying this for me, slothrob, but this is once again symptomatic of the terrible lack of documentation for BTP, because there is absolutely NOTHING anywhere that even mentions those three side-by-side graphs next to each recipe ingredient, let alone describing or explaining what those graphs represent; I've looked again and can't find anything about this in the "User Guide" under the 'Help' menu, or even in the Wiki which volunteers have been putting together.

Anyway, that was just a potential second bug that I had mentioned, and my main reason in posting was the refresh bug that is preventing an immediate refresh of the 'Bitterness' value under the 'Style' tab at the very bottom of the screen. Have you or anyone else been able to duplicate that problem?

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

billvelek wrote:Anyway, my main reason in posting was the refresh bug that is preventing an immediate refresh of the 'Bitterness' value under the 'Style' tab at the very bottom of the screen. Have you or anyone else been able to duplicate that problem?
Yes, 1.1.0.11a on the Mac seems to have a refresh problem when the hop stage is changed such that the total IBU doesn't change under the Style tab until the hop is deselected and reselected
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
Bob57702
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by Bob57702 »

I have the same issue with my PC.
Bob
PC: I7-3770S CPU, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, 12 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, 1920x1080 HD touchscreen
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

I'll try to fix this for the next update.

Thanks!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
djavet
Double IPA
Double IPA

Recipe is not a session file

Post by djavet »

Hi!

I just install (not upgrade) the BTP 1.1.0.13a and open a BTP 1.0.29 recipe file, save and then I've tried to open it again but this time on BTP 1.0.29 and I receive the popup message that my recipe is not a session file and then close the BTP.

Is that a normal issue trough the version (not crossdown compatible)?
I found the text on the message strange and not clear. Better to be not the same version or something like that.

Regards, Dom
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Recipe is not a session file

Post by jeff »

djavet wrote:Hi!

I just install (not upgrade) the BTP 1.1.0.13a and open a BTP 1.0.29 recipe file, save and then I've tried to open it again but this time on BTP 1.0.29 and I receive the popup message that my recipe is not a session file and then close the BTP.

Is that a normal issue trough the version (not crossdown compatible)?
I found the text on the message strange and not clear. Better to be not the same version or something like that.

Regards, Dom
If you haven't worked with 1.1 before, you should make a backup of your current recipe files and then use the Utilities->Scan For Recipes utility to import your recipes into the assets library. BTP will look for recipe files in your documents directory and give you the option to import them to the library.

Any files that are saved in BTP 1.1 will not be able to be opened in BTP 1.0 which is why it is good to backup your 1.0 recipes first.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
djavet
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by djavet »

Thx for your reply. let do the backup dance!
Pretty amazing the quality increase of this new version.

Dom
Bob57702
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Shopping list - unchecked recipe items

Post by Bob57702 »

When you uncheck an item in a recipe this item isn't calculated in the recipe or printed in any of the printing functions except for the shopping list. I would have expected that it would also be excluded from the shopping list function as well. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Bob
PC: I7-3770S CPU, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, 12 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, 1920x1080 HD touchscreen
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Shopping list - unchecked recipe items

Post by jeff »

Bob57702 wrote:When you uncheck an item in a recipe this item isn't calculated in the recipe or printed in any of the printing functions except for the shopping list. I would have expected that it would also be excluded from the shopping list function as well. Is this possible?

Thanks,
My copy of BTP excludes ingredients that are not active. If you uncheck an ingredient, you must save the recipe for the change to be reflected in the shopping list.

BTW: it is easier for us to keep track of issues regarding the beta if these are posted in the beta forum. Thanks for helping out :)
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
Bob57702
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Beta forum?

Post by Bob57702 »

Beta forum? I have access to an Alpha forum and my latest copy is the Alpha version. I was in the original Beta test group but maybe I wasn't included in this round of Beta testing?

Might explain why mine won't exclude uncheck items from the shopping list.
Bob
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Beta forum?

Post by jeff »

Bob57702 wrote:Beta forum? I have access to an Alpha forum and my latest copy is the Alpha version. I was in the original Beta test group but maybe I wasn't included in this round of Beta testing?

Might explain why mine won't exclude uncheck items from the shopping list.
My mistake, sorry about that :oops:

If you didn't opt-in to this round of beta testing then you didn't receive the mailings. If you want to jump in, you can join the forum here https://www.beertools.com/html/btpfrmjn.php

Thanks!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
Bob57702
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Beta

Post by Bob57702 »

Thanks. I've signed in. I don't why I didn't get the opt-in email assuming you sent it to me. Anyhow I appreciate the opportunity to help if I can.
Bob
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Beta

Post by jeff »

Bob57702 wrote:Thanks. I've signed in. I don't why I didn't get the opt-in email assuming you sent it to me. Anyhow I appreciate the opportunity to help if I can.
You may have to visit that link twice. If you selected your platform, that means you opted-in but have not joined the beta forum. Visiting that page after opting-in will provide a form for entering your forum login that will include you in the beta group. Then you will be able to see the beta forum.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
djavet
Double IPA
Double IPA

BTP expired and never ending loop

Post by djavet »

Hello

My BTP 1.1alpha is expired and when I clic on QUIT, I receive this never ending message:

No new alpha version?

Dom