BeerTools Pro Bug Reports Archive C

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

BTP behaves much like iTunes in this regard...

Post by lathe »

TCBrewguy wrote:...out of curiosity, when BTP 1.1 imports a recipe, do subsequent changes to that recipe get reflected in the file from which it was imported? If not, where is BTP 1.1 saving my recipes?
BTP behaves much like iTunes in this regard. Import of recipes via the recipe scanner makes a COPY of the recipe and places it in the BeerTools Pro/Recipes Folder in your documents folder.
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA

Re: BTP behaves much like iTunes in this regard...

Post by TCBrewguy »

lathe wrote:
TCBrewguy wrote:...out of curiosity, when BTP 1.1 imports a recipe, do subsequent changes to that recipe get reflected in the file from which it was imported? If not, where is BTP 1.1 saving my recipes?
BTP behaves much like iTunes in this regard. Import of recipes via the recipe scanner makes a COPY of the recipe and places it in the BeerTools Pro/Recipes Folder in your documents folder.
Cool. I was hoping I'd still be able to swap recipes with other BTP users. Thanks!
MacBook Pro 15.4" / 2GHz CPU / 250 GB HD / 1.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / OS X v10.5.8 / 1440 x 900 display / BTP v1.5.12
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by TCBrewguy »

Not so much a bug as a slight irregularity: when an unrecognizable value is entered into a field in the grain editor, all of the pane's text gets grayed out. Data can still be entered in the editor fields, but the text remains gray.
MacBook Pro 15.4" / 2GHz CPU / 250 GB HD / 1.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / OS X v10.5.8 / 1440 x 900 display / BTP v1.5.12
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Recipe DB not displaying all recipies

Post by wottaguy »

Hi all...

This may or may not be a bug but just a quirk or something that i am not doing correctly!

First of all I have changed the location in the Preferences Panel of the Library Location path to c:\Program Files\BeerToolsPro1.1\Recipes\

Then I did a recipe scan and imported all my recipies. From the Scan Results window, I preceeded to create my folder structur like I had it before and catagorized and moved all my recipes into the correct folders.

Now...when I closed the application then relaunched it, when I click on a folder in the tree on the left and select lets say Lagers/German (yes..i did create some subfolders) I get only 1 recipe out of 4 that is displayed.

I have been trying to remedy this all day and have tried to delete and re-add into this folder but get the same results everytime.

I have also double checked the path in Preferences panel and it is correct, and have also checked the contents of the said folder to insure that there are indeed more than one recipe in the folder, and there is.

Any suggestions? Possible Bug??

Also, could we get say like a something in the status bar on the bottom that will report the total number of recipes (objects) in the DB? Just an idea!
I know i'm supposed to have 88 but i have counted manually 73. I may have missed some and also deleted some as well.

Thanks!

(_)3
Visit my blog @ http://www.wottashomebrewblog.blogspot.com

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Cannot Import BeerXML files

Post by wottaguy »

Hi Again..

I just tried to import 2 separate beer XML files that was created with the previous version of BeerTools and the import fails and displays a message that the file cannot be imported.

I am finding it difficult to switch from units of measurements ie: Lbs to Ounces/ Ounces to Grams etc.. We should be able to do this on the fly as in previous versions.

Also, I am finding it difficult to efficently change ingrediant amounts as the little arrow buttons were removed and now we have to type it in. Please bring back these buttons!

Inventory feature seems nice and I have to get going on working with that. I'll have to get my scale out then take a manual inventory of what I have, then I'll plug it in to BTP-a and see how that goes.

Thanks Again!
(_)3

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Recipe DB not displaying all recipies

Post by jeff »

wottaguy wrote:Now...when I closed the application then relaunched it, when I click on a folder in the tree on the left and select lets say Lagers/German (yes..i did create some subfolders) I get only 1 recipe out of 4 that is displayed.
There isn't much I can do without seeing the library folder and DB. You can zip the whole thing and send it to me if you want me to take a look. Thanks.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Jeff...

Post by wottaguy »

What exactly will you need?
I don't mind sending it over.

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Jeff...

Post by jeff »

wottaguy wrote:What exactly will you need?
I don't mind sending it over.
The whole library folder you specified in prefs into which you scanned your recipes. If you zip it, it should email fine. Thanks.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

ok...Jeff..

Post by wottaguy »

Hi Jeff....sorry but I just fixed the issue.
I had to re-build the file structure and re-import all recipes and allocate them to the correct folders. All is working well now.

Thanks!

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: ok...Jeff..

Post by jeff »

wottaguy wrote:Hi Jeff....sorry but I just fixed the issue.
I had to re-build the file structure and re-import all recipes and allocate them to the correct folders. All is working well now.

Thanks!
Problems can occur if changes are made to the file structure outside of BTP. If files are removed, added or renamed using the filesystem rather than BTP, the DB file will become out of sync with the files. A planned feature to be included in BTP will rebuild the library from what exists in the filesystem. This will remedy out-of-sync issues caused by changing files and folders using the filesystem rather than BTP.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

Bug: Water Chemistry

Post by bzwrxbz »

I do not know if this has been reported before... but if you fill in a value in the text box, say for a mineral... and press enter, the view does not update... but it seems the underlying value does...

when the up and down arrows are pressed, the view finally updates.

cheers!
Fermenting : Ordinary Bitter, Hefe
Bottled : Too many bottles

WinXP PentiumIV Res:1920x1200 120DPI

Blog: http://hobbybrau.blogspot.com
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

Bug: Unit Conversion

Post by bzwrxbz »

There is some strangeness under calculator/unit conversion...

the textbox contains the units, also there is a dropdown for the units.. there can be mismatch between what is in the textbox and what is selected within the dropdown...

Edit: I am not sure if the unit conversion tab makes sense anymore since there is the right click option to get auto-conversion.

cheers!

wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

RE: Unit Conversion

Post by wottaguy »

Hi bzwrxbz

How are you performing that Right Click to get your Unit Conversions to work? Is it done in the Ingrediants list box where you type in the amounts of ingrediants?
When I right click on it i get a popup menu that has "Edit, Delete, New Grain etc" on it. No conversion info.
I have no such option to do that.

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
Bob57702
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Text positioning peculiarity

Post by Bob57702 »

When looking through the various displays I've noticed that when you display Volume Adjustments then go back to any of the Ingredients' displays the text in the Stage column is shifted 1/2 character to the left. This will continue to display like this until you display Schedule which afterwards the Ingredients text is corrected. I've repeated this very minor error multiple times on my PC.

Bob O.
Bob
PC: I7-3770S CPU, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, 12 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, 1920x1080 HD touchscreen
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by bzwrxbz »

wottaguy,

the right click seems to work only on some text boxes, for example the kettle volume, wort boil duration, evap loss, etc... it does not work on the ingredients list, although i think it needs to.

cheers!