BeerTools Pro Bug Reports Archive A

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

bill would need to see the grain bill etc so I can try and recreate. Any chance of you putting the image up or post the bbcode into the forum?

Later,
Jaw
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

You can apparently use ANY recipe to get bizarre results

Post by billvelek »

Unless it is just my system for some reason, I get bizarre results with any recipe. To make it easy to illustrate, I took the "featured recipe" from the BeerTools.com website -- Eric Armstrong's "Road Tripel" -- and loaded that into BTP; without changing a thing, I went straight to the schedule, clicked on "Protein Rest" -- the second line of the schedule -- clicked '"New | Transfer" and the edit box started out with "7.33 gallons" transferred. I changed that to "1 gallon" and BTP automatically changed "Remaining" to "6.33 gallons", as it should. I clicked okay, and re-examined the schedule. I did not get any bizarre change in volumes like on my recipe; instead, they occurred in times and temps. See the before and after shots of the Road Tripel recipe which I've added to the bottom of my page: but http://home.alltel.net/billvelek/btp-bug.html

Don't really want to post my grain bill since I'm planning to enter this recipe in a contest if it turns out okay. If it's good, I'll post it after the contest -- win or lose.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Last edited by billvelek on Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

understandable
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

The Water Volume Added field probably shouldn't allow negative numbers. They end up being treated by the software as evaporation anyway.

Edit: This probably doesn't qualify as a bug., sorry.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

v 22 release,
In the Schedule Display, with after a mash in and a mash out, the Water Added column of the Display shows a number that doesn't correspond to the water added during the two mash steps, nor to any other number that I can find.

It does coincidentally, correspond to the In Vessel volume after mash in, but if I change the mash in volume, the In Vessel volume changes, but the number in question doesn't change.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
djavet
Double IPA
Double IPA

Save as bug

Post by djavet »

Hello

I've just install the 1.0.22 version and notice a bug when i save as a recipe. It write the name in this format: Daddy Porter.btp.rec wit a ".rec"

Dom
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Save as bug

Post by jeff »

djavet wrote:Hello

I've just install the 1.0.22 version and notice a bug when i save as a recipe. It write the name in this format: Daddy Porter.btp.rec wit a ".rec"

Dom
Anybody else experience this problem?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
just-cj
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by just-cj »

I don't get that using Save as. It behaves as normal, with a .btp tag.
djavet
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by djavet »

I can send you a file if you wish?

Dom
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

djavet wrote:I can send you a file if you wish?

Dom
That isn't necessary, thanks. For now, just make sure the files you save only have the .btp extension without the .rec extension. Thanks.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
djavet
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by djavet »

Yope, if I remove the .rec. File work perfect.
But annoying...

Dom
stevie.o
Light Lager
Light Lager

New Bug ???

Post by stevie.o »

I have BTP 1.0.21
iBook G4, 1Gb Ram OS 10.3.9
I save a recipe - and it turns into a 'text' file - the icon
and the file - I double click and it opens in Apples Text Edit.

This has happend in previous versions as well.
I just downloaded the 10.22 version....
I will try a new recipe to see if it does it again.

I don't know why/how it saves the file as 'text'
BPT doesn't do it all the time? ???

Steve
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

Repeatable Bug

Post by bzwrxbz »

In the Water Chemistry window... here are the steps to repeat a bug
1. Add a water type.
2. Delete the water type, press OK to really delete on the popup window.
3. Realize you made a mistake, and try to undo it with Ctrl-Z (instinctual for me)
4. Nothing happens, so I realize that ctrl-Z may not be enabled on this window.
5. Add some water type, and voila, the water I just added appears, along with the water type I tried to undelete. (Two water additions for the price of one)

BTW, this also works for multiple CtrlZ hits... the more i delete and then ctrl-Z, the more that ends up on the screen after I add something. It seems to be a refresh problem after the ctrl-z is hit. I notice that the main window flashs when i press ctrl-z, but not the dialog window.

Ok, not a big deal, but thought you should know...
cheers!

Windows, ver 22 of BTP
Fermenting : Ordinary Bitter, Hefe
Bottled : Too many bottles

WinXP PentiumIV Res:1920x1200 120DPI

Blog: http://hobbybrau.blogspot.com
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Repeatable Bug

Post by jeff »

bzwrxbz wrote:In the Water Chemistry window... here are the steps to repeat a bug
1. Add a water type.
2. Delete the water type, press OK to really delete on the popup window.
3. Realize you made a mistake, and try to undo it with Ctrl-Z (instinctual for me)
4. Nothing happens, so I realize that ctrl-Z may not be enabled on this window.
5. Add some water type, and voila, the water I just added appears, along with the water type I tried to undelete. (Two water additions for the price of one)

BTW, this also works for multiple CtrlZ hits... the more i delete and then ctrl-Z, the more that ends up on the screen after I add something. It seems to be a refresh problem after the ctrl-z is hit. I notice that the main window flashs when i press ctrl-z, but not the dialog window.

Ok, not a big deal, but thought you should know...
cheers!

Windows, ver 22 of BTP
That helps, thanks for the details. I think it may be undoing the delete but failing to refresh the list. I'll look into it. Thanks!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

djavet wrote:Hello

Dom
I just experienced this in v.22 as well. The file is one that I imported from ProMash when I first got BTP several months ago. The file was saved in the BTP format (.btp extension) and has functioned normally until today when I tried to use "save as", then the .rec extension ( for a ProMash recipe file) was added. This was in spite of the fact that I had chosen to save the file in BTP format. I found that the work around is to type the .btp extension in the filename box. Incidentally, even though BTP assigned the .rec extension on it's own I was unable to open the file when choosing .rec as the file type.