BeerTools Pro Bug Reports Archive A

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
slothrob

Re: Problem loading recipe from BeerTools.com

Post by slothrob »

slothrob wrote:When I load a recipe from BeerTools.com "online>my recipes...", then close the popup window, I get an error message: "A problem occurred (6), the program may be unstable, do you want to continue?" It's very reproducible, and it's been mentioned as a crashing problem with BTP on another forum.
The fix in 1.5.1 solved this issue for me.
More great service, thanks.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Problem loading recipe from BeerTools.com

Post by jeff »

slothrob wrote:
slothrob wrote:When I load a recipe from BeerTools.com "online>my recipes...", then close the popup window, I get an error message: "A problem occurred (6), the program may be unstable, do you want to continue?" It's very reproducible, and it's been mentioned as a crashing problem with BTP on another forum.
The fix in 1.5.1 solved this issue for me.
More great service, thanks.
You're welcome! :D
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
camelfilter
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: Liscense Key doesn't work

Post by camelfilter »

jeff wrote:
camelfilter wrote:Hey There!

I've downloaded the latest iteration of BT (1.5.11b) and when I try to enter my liscense key it doesn't allow me to register. What am I doing wrong. Let me know! Thanks!

Ryan
rrb828@aol.com
The latest version is 1.5.1. Is that the version you meant to say or are you downloading a copy of the beta?
No, I downloaded via the link and installed and BT is coming up saying it's version 1.5.11b,... is that the Beta and where should I go to get the 1.5.1?
System: Intel Core2 2.66GHz, 3Gb RAM, Vista-32, Dual 21" Monitors, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX, Wacom Tablet, Logitech G5 Mouse, Zboard Keyboard,...
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Camelfilter, .11b is the 'beta'

Post by billvelek »

Camelfilter, .11b is the 'beta'. I don't know how you managed to download that, since it's no longer listed on the download page, but what you need to do is go to 'My Beertools' and use the 'Downloads' tab and then download the only version that I can see on that page -- BeerTools Pro 1.5 Windows - version 1.5.1. I downloaded and installed it with no problem.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Possible new bug in V.1.5.1

Post by billvelek »

I _think_ this is a new bug that I've found, but maybe it is the way the program is designed to work; but if that's the case, I don't think it's a good design. When the 'Shopping List' window is open, there are a few commands that are not working on my WinXP system.

First, the window minimize command (the 'dash' two squares to the left of the 'red X' in the upper right corner of all 'windows') does not work; this is independent of whether the window is full screen or not. The other two window commands do work.

Second, the BTP 'Help' command on the menu bar does not work; it does not open the 'Help' file regardless of whether the 'Help' file is already opened or not. In fact, regardless of whether a 'recipe' is selected in the upper portion of the shopping list, or whether an 'ingredient' is selected in the lower portion of the shopping list, the _only_ menu command which is active and working is "copy".

Now, since I'm writing about the Shopping list, I'll add a suggestion here rather than in the 'Feature Requests' thread. There doesn't appear to be any way of adding anything to the shopping list for items that are not listed in recipes, and I think there should be. For instance, I don't list a tiny portion of PBW in each recipe, or 'yeast nutrient' for the tiny fraction of a package that I use to make starters, or Iodophor, bottle caps, etc. But these are things that I buy only at my LHBS, and I'd like to add them to my list when I happen to think about them; I know I can print the list and then use a pen to add items, but there have been times when I am suddenly faced with an unplanned trip to the city and would print the list without time to go back and look at my inventory, and therefore might not think to add those things with a pen.

It would also be nice to be able to print out an inventory list -- both partial (e.g., just grains) or a complete list -- without it being a 'Shopping List' which requires 'Planned Recipes' to be on the list; that way I could slip the list into one of my recipe books for the convenience of having that info with me when I'm reading the book away from my computer. EDIT: Also, maybe a status-field where BTP or users can indicate if the item is "on shopping list" or "already ordered" (such as if I order something online); I would find it handy, but not "essential", and I know you still have other things to work on, but I just wanted to add that ... 'just in case'. :D

Maybe you could look into adding those features when you are already looking into fixing the possible bug I've mentioned.

Thanks. Great program so far.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768