BeerTools Pro Bug Reports Archive A

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Save as bug

Post by jeff »

ColoradoBrewer wrote:I just experienced this in v.22 as well. The file is one that I imported from ProMash when I first got BTP several months ago. The file was saved in the BTP format (.btp extension) and has functioned normally until today when I tried to use "save as", then the .rec extension ( for a ProMash recipe file) was added. This was in spite of the fact that I had chosen to save the file in BTP format. I found that the work around is to type the .btp extension in the filename box. Incidentally, even though BTP assigned the .rec extension on it's own I was unable to open the file when choosing .rec as the file type.
Does it happen only with "Save As" or "Save" when first saving a recipe too?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Re: Save as bug

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

jeff wrote:
ColoradoBrewer wrote:I just experienced this in v.22 as well. The file is one that I imported from ProMash when I first got BTP several months ago. The file was saved in the BTP format (.btp extension) and has functioned normally until today when I tried to use "save as", then the .rec extension ( for a ProMash recipe file) was added. This was in spite of the fact that I had chosen to save the file in BTP format. I found that the work around is to type the .btp extension in the filename box. Incidentally, even though BTP assigned the .rec extension on it's own I was unable to open the file when choosing .rec as the file type.
Does it happen only with "Save As" or "Save" when first saving a recipe too?
It only happens with "save as". I have used "save" with this file many times without any problems at all. I was using "save as" because I wanted to change some things, but keep the original in tact.
djavet
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by djavet »

Glad to see I'm not alone with that Save problem :wink:

Dom
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

More on "Save As"

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

Jeff, I dug a little deeper into the "save as" bug. At first I was suspicious of ProMash files because of the .rec extension, but it appears that all files, regardless of native format, have the problem. I'm talking about files that I had entered manually into BTP or downloaded from the Beer Tools website. They all functioned as described in my post above; automatically assigned .rec extension when saving although btp was selected, BTP unable to open file even though .rec is selected, and typing the .btp extension in the filename box negates the problem.
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

Re: More on "Save As"

Post by bzwrxbz »

ColoradoBrewer wrote:Jeff, I dug a little deeper into the "save as" bug. At first I was suspicious of ProMash files because of the .rec extension, but it appears that all files, regardless of native format, have the problem. I'm talking about files that I had entered manually into BTP or downloaded from the Beer Tools website. They all functioned as described in my post above; automatically assigned .rec extension when saving although btp was selected, BTP unable to open file even though .rec is selected, and typing the .btp extension in the filename box negates the problem.
Bug exists on my machine as well...
Windows, Ver22

cheers!
Fermenting : Ordinary Bitter, Hefe
Bottled : Too many bottles

WinXP PentiumIV Res:1920x1200 120DPI

Blog: http://hobbybrau.blogspot.com
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

OS

Post by jeff »

XP?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

Re: OS

Post by bzwrxbz »

jeff wrote:XP?
Yes for me....
Fermenting : Ordinary Bitter, Hefe
Bottled : Too many bottles

WinXP PentiumIV Res:1920x1200 120DPI

Blog: http://hobbybrau.blogspot.com
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Re: OS

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

jeff wrote:XP?
Yes, for me as well.
djavet
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by djavet »

Yes to me too.

Dom
slothrob

Save Default window called Template Configuration

Post by slothrob »

When saving a recipe as a Default, you're asked first if you want to save as default, then you get a window where you choose which parts of the recipe will be saved in the file. This second window is titled "Template Configuration" and asks you to save the items you want saved in the Template file.

I found this confusing, and closed the windoe to check to see that I had chosen Default, not Template. This wording should probably be changed for the Default save, unless the same window is used for both functions, then it should probably say something like "Template or Default Configuration".
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
lucas
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by lucas »

there looks to be a bug in displaying the approximate colour (ie the little beer in the corner). i accidentally put down 500kg of chocolate malt (as opposed to 500g) and it turned very pale yellow. after more stuffing about it looks as though once the colour goes above 50 or so it begins to recede back down the colour spectrum. a 50 SRM beer looks darker than a 70 SRM beer, which looks much darker than a 400 SRM beer.

not likely a problem that you'd come across except by error, but I'm sure it would be simple to fix with a single if statement
djavet
Double IPA
Double IPA

1.0.26 >> Brouwland Ingredients dispear?

Post by djavet »

Hello

The Brouwland/Brewferm Malt extract + liquid have dispear in version 1.0.26?
I don't found them anymore... is that a bug?

Regards, Dom
lucas
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by lucas »

there's a bug in the undo queue (on osx at least)

to reproduce:
1. load a recipe
2. add an ingredient
3. replace another ingredient (using the replace button)
4. undo

expected result: most recent change (the replaced ingredient) should be reverted

actual result: added ingredient is removed, replaced ingredient remains replaced
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Same bug in 'Windows XP'

Post by billvelek »

lucas wrote:there's a bug in the undo queue (on osx at least)

to reproduce:
1. load a recipe
2. add an ingredient
3. replace another ingredient (using the replace button)
4. undo

expected result: most recent change (the replaced ingredient) should be reverted

actual result: added ingredient is removed, replaced ingredient remains replaced
Yes; I opened a recipe, added four new ingredients, replaced one with a new one, and then as I proceeded with successive 'undo' commands, the ingredients were deleted, but the one that I had replaced never reappeared.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
lucas
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by lucas »

just started to wonder, do you guys (jeff and lathe) have a bug tracking system setup? bugzilla or the like? I'm quite happy to just submit bug reports here but if you have a proper system in action I'd rather be submitting straight to it