BeerTools Pro Bug Reports Archive A

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
Beer Snob
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Beer Snob »

Grr...... just read the last few replies concerning font size. Starting to feel old and just might need a magnifying glass grrrr..... :mrgreen:

Jeff, take a look at the Schedule. I think there could be a problem. On mine there is none anymore. You can clink on it but there is nothing there.
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

Dry Stout Test 1.0.10
13-A Dry Stout

Size: 5 gal
Efficiency: 65%
Attenuation: 77.0%
Calories: 152.11 per 12.0 fl oz

Original Gravity: 1.046 (1.036 - 1.050)
|===================#============|
Terminal Gravity: 1.011 (1.007 - 1.011)
|======================#=========|
Color: 27.6 (25.0 - 40.0)
|==========#=====================|
Alcohol: 4.63% (4.0% - 5.0%)
|==================#=============|
Bitterness: 42.96 (30.0 - 45.0)
|=====================#==========|

Ingredients:
7 lbs Maris Otter Pale
2 lbs Barley Flaked
1.5 lbs Roasted Barley
1 ea WYeast 1056 American Ale
1.25 oz East Kent Goldings (5.0%) - added during boil, boiled 60 min
1.25 oz East Kent Goldings (5.0%) - added during boil, boiled 30 min
1.0 ea Whirlfloc Tablets (Irish moss) - added during boil, boiled 20 min

Schedule:
00:05:00 Mash In - Liquor: 3.28 gal; Strike: 166.6
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

a couple of bugs (or unreported features)

Post by bzwrxbz »

as of Rel 13...

My schedule graph is not there anymore. It just shows nothing upon loading a file. The schedule still exists, but the graph does not. If you need screenshots, i can give them to you.

as of Rel X (means I do not know when it started)

I can "accidently" sort the columns of the tables. This was by accident that i found it out, but the sorting should be disabled especially on the schedule table, since it is irreversible (unless you close the file without saving, and then reload), and messes with the functionality of the schedule.

cheers!
Beer Snob
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Beer Snob »

I found that mine disappeared when I added the batch step. Just curious. Remove your sparge step in the end and see if it comes back. Mine did.
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by bzwrxbz »

Beer Snob wrote:I found that mine disappeared when I added the batch step. Just curious. Remove your sparge step in the end and see if it comes back. Mine did.
Yes, you are right...
Beer Snob
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Beer Snob »

bzwrxbz wrote:
Beer Snob wrote:I found that mine disappeared when I added the batch step. Just curious. Remove your sparge step in the end and see if it comes back. Mine did.
Yes, you are right...
We found out that Jeff has a big can of Raid in another thread :)
PieOPah
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by PieOPah »

Have the fonts been changed with release 1.013? Everything looks smaller...
PieOPah
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by PieOPah »

Font looks better with 1.013

POssibly a result of using the Old Compiler??
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Maybe

Post by jeff »

PieOPah wrote:Font looks better with 1.013

POssibly a result of using the Old Compiler??
Your guess is as good as mine. The new compiler caused me a lot of grief. :x
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
just-cj
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by just-cj »

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but.....

Mac version 1.0.14 (OSX.4.x, MacBook Pro) -- In the Schedule view, if I click on Duplicate, the highlighted item isn't duplicated, but another different one is. Then pushing Command + Z to undo doesn't work unless I do it twice. The menu Undo command works on first try.

Also, small error in the Save Dialog box that comes up if you try to close the window without saving: Don't Save is missing the apostrophe.

Keep up the good work, guys!
just-cj
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by just-cj »

Another problem I encountered today -- when I save a file, it shows up as a generic text file. I have to manually set it to open in BeerTools Pro. The extension is correct (.btp), but if I double click it, the file opens in a text editor, not BeerTools Pro.

Mac version 1.0.14 (OSX.4.x, MacBook Pro)
docbee
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by docbee »

One thing that I have noticed is that the rest periods do not always seem to calc the final temp after the rest period. For example when I set up the schedule and after the protein rest of 30 min the temp has dropped about 1 - 1.5 deg, but after an infusion and then set up another rest period for Sacch rest of 60 min then the program keeps the final temp at the goal temp for the infusion step. I did do the calibration steps for my mash tun, but did not do one for my brew pot to get the thermal properties. And both of these are listed in "vessels". The rest period schedule pop up does not give you the opportunity to select which vessel you are using. So I am wondering if the schedule is selecting the brewpot for calc thermal loss during rest periods.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

docbee wrote:One thing that I have noticed is that the rest periods do not always seem to calc the final temp after the rest period. For example when I set up the schedule and after the protein rest of 30 min the temp has dropped about 1 - 1.5 deg, but after an infusion and then set up another rest period for Sacch rest of 60 min then the program keeps the final temp at the goal temp for the infusion step. I did do the calibration steps for my mash tun, but did not do one for my brew pot to get the thermal properties. And both of these are listed in "vessels". The rest period schedule pop up does not give you the opportunity to select which vessel you are using. So I am wondering if the schedule is selecting the brewpot for calc thermal loss during rest periods.
The vessel used to calculate heat loss in a rest step is the last vessel selected in a transfer step or mash-in step. The vessel setting in the decoction step is for the vessel used to boil the removal. If a vessel is not selected at some point along the way in the schedule, heat loss will be zero for a rest step. This can be overridden by setting the final temperature manually in the rest step editor.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
docbee
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by docbee »

The vessel used to calculate heat loss in a rest step is the last vessel selected in a transfer step or mash-in step. The vessel setting in the decoction step is for the vessel used to boil the removal. If a vessel is not selected at some point along the way in the schedule, heat loss will be zero for a rest step. This can be overridden by setting the final temperature manually in the rest step editor.
OK I see that now. I was not using the transfer schedule, just kind of assumed it was inherent. Dumb on my part.

I love the program and being able to play with different ingredients and styles to see how much each can add to a final recipe. Great job!!!
djavet
Double IPA
Double IPA

Window positionning

Post by djavet »

Hello

I notice when I start the soft 1.0.14, I must clic twice to have a full screen.
And then it's not correct positionning. I've alwys a 30 pixel free space on top, and in fact 30 pixel below under my status bar. I must clos the soft and then restart and no problem. I've my full screen.

Regards, Dom