BeerTools Pro Bug Reports Archive A

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
KenBoy

Post by KenBoy »

I printed out a recipe for this weekend's brewing session and noticed that print from the first step overuns print in the second step for a mutliple step separation which I had set up as a batch sparge.

Let me know if you'd like me to send the image of the hardcopy printout, not sure if that came across in writing very well :wink:
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

Opening XML files

Post by bzwrxbz »

When doing an "Open"... the dialog filters for XML and BTP. Yet, when I try to open an XML, there is a dialog box that tells me "file.xml does not appear to be a template file."

I know I can open it via Import, but maybe the XML filter should be turned off for the regular open... or ... just do the import if it is an XML file.

thx!
Fermenting : Ordinary Bitter, Hefe
Bottled : Too many bottles

WinXP PentiumIV Res:1920x1200 120DPI

Blog: http://hobbybrau.blogspot.com
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

Jeff,

Not sure if this is a bug or not. When you connect to the my recipes (under tools) and you download a recipe it gives the following info

example 6 favorite recipes downloaded. 50 per month allowed. Shouldn't it show the downloads you currently have made i.e. 6/50 for this month. Then with maybe a total amount downloaded.

FYI: I know I have only downloaded one file this month so I'm assuming the six it is refering to is the total to date.

Thanks,
jaw
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Month

Post by jeff »

jawbox wrote:example 6 favorite recipes downloaded. 50 per month allowed. Shouldn't it show the downloads you currently have made i.e. 6/50 for this month. Then with maybe a total amount downloaded.

FYI: I know I have only downloaded one file this month so I'm assuming the six it is refering to is the total to date.
6 refers to the number downloaded during the last 30 days. The 'month' doesn't correspond to calendar months. The reason for the limit is to prevent unscrupulous individuals from downloading the entire DB.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Print overrun

Post by jeff »

KenBoy wrote:I printed out a recipe for this weekend's brewing session and noticed that print from the first step overuns print in the second step for a mutliple step separation which I had set up as a batch sparge.

Let me know if you'd like me to send the image of the hardcopy printout, not sure if that came across in writing very well :wink:
1.0.16 addresses this printing issue; if there is still a problem, please let us know.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Window positionning

Post by jeff »

djavet wrote:Hello

I notice when I start the soft 1.0.14, I must clic twice to have a full screen.
And then it's not correct positionning. I've alwys a 30 pixel free space on top, and in fact 30 pixel below under my status bar. I must clos the soft and then restart and no problem. I've my full screen.

Regards, Dom
Does this still happen with 1.0.15 or 1.0.16?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
Lakota
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: Window positionning

Post by Lakota »

The windows positioning was corrected with 1.0.15 and opens correctly for me in 1.0.16 also. Thank you for the correction.

Lakota
djavet
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by djavet »

Yes, thx I confirm.

Dom
Beer Snob
Light Lager
Light Lager

Not sure...

Post by Beer Snob »

Hey Jeff. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a new way of doing the sepeartion. When you do the seperation, the residual is 0.0 where before it was whatever was residual in the recipe was. I'm in version 16 now.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Not sure...

Post by jeff »

Beer Snob wrote:Hey Jeff. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a new way of doing the sepeartion. When you do the seperation, the residual is 0.0 where before it was whatever was residual in the recipe was. I'm in version 16 now.
Not sure if I understand the question. Residual refers to the amount still available for collecting as runoff. The new "Available" column indicates residual volume. Does this seem to make sense, or does it look like something is amiss?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

BTP crashed and burned ...

Post by billvelek »

I had just loaded a template, was working on volume adjustments, and tried to rearrange some adjustments -- was trying to drag and drop my 'racking loss adjustment' (not a preset) to appear first on my list prior to my 'primer addition' adjustment (also not a preset), when I received this error message:
"[X] An exception of class OutOfBoundsException was not handled. The application must shut down." Am running BTP-1.0.16 on WindowsXP SP 2.

The 'OutOfBoundsException' phrase appeared in the error message just like that, without any spaces between words.

Thanks.

Bill Velek
Joe028
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Joe028 »

I have noticed something odd when I am messing around with my schedule for batch sparging (still haven't totally gotten a grasp on that). If I close the Separation window by pressing the OK button everything seems fine, but then if I want to go right back into the separation window my volume as well as residual numbers have been increased slightly. The more I hit OK and reopen the window the larger the volume and residual numbers get.
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Could you clarify, Joe

Post by billvelek »

I'm not sure I'm following you ... at least not enough to duplicate your problem. I just went into a finished recipe and noted my volume and residual, and went ahead and added 'separation' several times without either my total volume or residual changing. Of course, my volumes on each added separation are zero, otherwise I would have to see a change. Could you elaborate a little more?

Thanks.

Bill Velek
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

Bug: Rel17

Post by bzwrxbz »

[New] [All] Help tag for 'Kettle Volume' displays the kettle
specific gravity before the boil.
[New] [All] Help tag for 'Final Volume' displays the original
gravity after boiling, topping off and cooling the
wort.

Bug: If the cursor is placed over the textbox for a long time to show the gravity... it eventually disappears, this is normal. But... it never comes back.

For example, I place the cursor over the Kettle Volume textbox, it shows the gravity, I leave it there for a few seconds, then the gravity reading goes away. I bring the cursor back to check the gravity again, and it does not reappear. I have to start a new session, or load a new recipe for the "help" functionality to reappear.

This happens with the Final Volume gravity "help" display as well.

cheers!
Fermenting : Ordinary Bitter, Hefe
Bottled : Too many bottles

WinXP PentiumIV Res:1920x1200 120DPI

Blog: http://hobbybrau.blogspot.com
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Re: Bug: Rel17

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

bzwrxbz wrote:...If the cursor is placed over the textbox for a long time to show the gravity... it eventually disappears, this is normal. But... it never comes back...
I noticed the exact same thing.