BeerTools Pro Bug Reports Archive A

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: I added new ones

Post by jeff »

notbob wrote:I added 2 New profiles into the data base. They seemed to stay put during version 1, 2 and 3. But they seem to have disappeared on this swap.

I haven't noticed anything else. My settings have all stayed the same for my defaults.
Were they inserted into a beta version of the DB?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
notbob
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by notbob »

No, I created them while in v1.0.1 or 1.0.2 final release.

I don't have the file you mentioned in Library>Preferences>Beer Tools Pro.

I did have one called data.rsd, that's included in the BTP folder that comes with every download of new versions.

I put it into the folder mentioned above, but it didn't do it.

I was able to still see it when I opened the copy of v1.0.3 before I moved the file.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

notbob wrote:No, I created them while in v1.0.1 or 1.0.2 final release.

I don't have the file you mentioned in Library>Preferences>Beer Tools Pro.

I did have one called data.rsd, that's included in the BTP folder that comes with every download of new versions.

I put it into the folder mentioned above, but it didn't do it.

I was able to still see it when I opened the copy of v1.0.3 before I moved the file.
You will find the file i'm talking about in /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/BeerTools Pro/DataOld.rsd

Please zip that file and send it to me. I will open it, grab the profile data, post it here and you can recreate your profiles in the new DB. This is the fastest and easiest way to get your profiles back. Talk soon!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
notbob
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

No problem really..

Post by notbob »

It's not really a problem. I can just re-create it. Only one really mattered.

I did locate the DataOld.rsd file. Anything I can use it for other than mailing it to you? Do you need the file other than just for helping me re-enter the info? If not, I'll just create a new one.

Al
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: No problem really..

Post by jeff »

notbob wrote:It's not really a problem. I can just re-create it. Only one really mattered.

I did locate the DataOld.rsd file. Anything I can use it for other than mailing it to you? Do you need the file other than just for helping me re-enter the info? If not, I'll just create a new one.

Al
Al, I would love to take a look at the file so that I can see if the problem will affect anyone else. A little forensic investigation if you will. It is easy to zip it by control-clicking on the file in the finder and selecting "Create Archive of DataOld.rsd". Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

Unit Conversion for Absorption

Post by bzwrxbz »

Ver 1.0.4 / Crash

go to preferences/constants/Malt Water Absorption...

already have a template loaded...

change the units on the absorption... and crash...

this only happens when i have a template loaded (does not happen upon an empty session, for example)

I can send you my template/session if you so desire...

thx!
Lakota
Light Lager
Light Lager

Unit Conversion for Absorption

Post by Lakota »

I am experiencing the same crash issue with ver 1.0.4. when changing constants on the prferences page.

Are these assumptions correct?

Specific Volume of Malt: The volume which the grains occupy in addition to the water volume in determining the size of mash tun required

Malt Water Absorption: The volume of water absorbed by the grain at mash in.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Unit Conversion for Absorption

Post by jeff »

bzwrxbz wrote:Ver 1.0.4 / Crash

go to preferences/constants/Malt Water Absorption...

already have a template loaded...

change the units on the absorption... and crash...

this only happens when i have a template loaded (does not happen upon an empty session, for example)

I can send you my template/session if you so desire...

thx!
Mind sending me the file? Thanks!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
Lakota
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Lakota »

FYI, I experience the crash whether I have a recipe loaded or not.

I can change the constants from L/kg to qt/lb or gal/lb if I change the constants first and then the Mash Thickness on the Units page. If I try to change them again BTP crashes.

If I change the Mash Thickness first on the Units page, then BTP crashes when I try and make changes on the constants page (L/kg to qt/lb or gal/lb).

Hope this helps
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

Lakota wrote:FYI, I experience the crash whether I have a recipe loaded or not.

I can change the constants from L/kg to qt/lb or gal/lb if I change the constants first and then the Mash Thickness on the Units page. If I try to change them again BTP crashes.

If I change the Mash Thickness first on the Units page, then BTP crashes when I try and make changes on the constants page (L/kg to qt/lb or gal/lb).

Hope this helps
Thanks, I have run some tests and the problem seems to be fixed with 1.0.5.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
notbob
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by notbob »

Jeff, I sent you the file regarding my water profiles. I assume you got it.

I haven't downloaded 1.0.5 yet. I just got home from work. Gonna do it right now.

Al
djavet
Double IPA
Double IPA

EBC vs SRM / Steep?

Post by djavet »

Hello

I've 1 Bug and 1 question:
BUG:
I add custom extract malt in DB with a EBC Value, save it.
I see in the list (right window) when I choose the one I add the value in SRM, but not converted...I wish it in EBC, not SRM.
Idem when I add the custom extract or another and wish to change the value.

QUESTION:
How can I make a brew session schedule with a extract + speciality grains (steep 30 mn)?
I dont find the info.

Regards, Dominique
emmcee51

Mash Infusion Temps and Vessels

Post by emmcee51 »

Using Beersmith and Promash as side by side comparitors all using the same grain bill, when I add an infusion mash-in step to the schedule in BeerToolsPro the strike temps are always lower than the strike temps in the other two, I use the "adjust temp for equipment" setting in Beersmith. Have tried setting the BTP vessel calibration to flat settings (zero temp drops) and can only get to within a degree. Have previously used the other two, Beersmith temps have always been correct for my gear. Any ideas :?: BTP adjusts the temp down when the calibration of the vessel is set for losses, would have thought this was the wrong way round.

Cheers
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

RE: EBC-SRM Question

Post by wottaguy »

Hello djavet!

To make bTPro always display color in EBC units as opposed to SRM units just click on the EDIT - PREFERENCES - UNITS menu and choose the unit desired.
To work up a mash schedule, under the color indicator down to the right, click on the DISPLAY drop down box and select SESSION. Notice that the center edit area will display the schedule details. Above it click NEW and then enter your particular mash program details. Also, you can always add a note to point out any particular step taken not covered by the schedule options.

Hope this helps!
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Mash Infusion Temps and Vessels

Post by jeff »

emmcee51 wrote:Using Beersmith and Promash as side by side comparitors all using the same grain bill, when I add an infusion mash-in step to the schedule in BeerToolsPro the strike temps are always lower than the strike temps in the other two, I use the "adjust temp for equipment" setting in Beersmith. Have tried setting the BTP vessel calibration to flat settings (zero temp drops) and can only get to within a degree. Have previously used the other two, Beersmith temps have always been correct for my gear. Any ideas :?: BTP adjusts the temp down when the calibration of the vessel is set for losses, would have thought this was the wrong way round.

Cheers
Using which version of BTP?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff