Page 2 of 3

Re: Android version

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:51 am
by matte75
Cmon Jeff!!
Any thoughts? Still like an Android app! The best scenario would be: Sitting at home at my desk building a recipe, sending the recipe up in "the cloud", going down to my brewing cellar uploading the recipe on my tablet or smartphone (both running on android), and start brewing... Come on!!

And IOS is not the thing anymore... ;)

Mattias, Sweden

Re: Android version

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:18 am
by jeff
matte75 wrote:Cmon Jeff!!
Any thoughts? Still like an Android app! The best scenario would be: Sitting at home at my desk building a recipe, sending the recipe up in "the cloud", going down to my brewing cellar uploading the recipe on my tablet or smartphone (both running on android), and start brewing... Come on!!

And IOS is not the thing anymore... ;)

Mattias, Sweden


That is an ideal scenario! I've been working day and night on the BeerTools "cloud" API. So far I have been able to successfully create, edit and delete folders on the cloud using the next major version BeerTools Pro. The next step is to develop the code to upload a recipe to the server and store it. The process takes some time because it involves developing new features within BTP, creating the "language" for talking to the server and scripting the API for handling things server side. The advantage of a BeerTools-centric "cloud" is that it will allow the sharing of recipes with other BeerTools members designated as "buddies" and selecting the sharing level for each recipe. Cool stuff IMO 8)

Re: Android version

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:18 am
by ColoradoBrewer
Thanks Jeff, for the update, and your hard work. The new version sounds awesome! I can hardly wait to take it for a spin.

Re: Android version

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:36 pm
by slothrob
That does sound quite cool.

Re: Android version

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:21 pm
by jawbox
Looking forward to these new features.

Re: Android version

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:34 pm
by a_daley
Really Jeff, when one considers where BT started from you have done a great job and continue to do so...

As always though everyone simply wants more from you...

Look forward to playing with the new version :-)

Re: Android version

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:52 am
by jeff
a_daley wrote:Really Jeff, when one considers where BT started from you have done a great job and continue to do so...

Hey, thanks! :D

a_daley wrote:As always though everyone simply wants more from you...

Understood. I aim to deliver more!

a_daley wrote:Look forward to playing with the new version :)

I still have a few more changes planned for the interface but here is a "leaked" screenshot of if the new main window:

Re: Android version

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:58 am
by a_daley
Have to admit that looks really impressive...

Re: Android version

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:20 am
by slothrob
I like the use of tabs for Ingredients/Equipment/Schedule/etc.

Re: Android version

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:41 pm
by browncoat
Amen! I would pay extra money for an android app! Even moreso if the App could do what BeerTools does. Desktop software is so 90's...

Re: Android version

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:18 pm
by truckmann
Just bumping this one up to see how the progress is coming? I know I'm still hoping for an Android app! :mrgreen:

Re: Android version

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:26 pm
by starsailor
Doing a brew today and really, really, really wish I had an Android version of BTP. I have the laptop inside the house running BTP and I'm out on the deck doing a mash and running in and out is real pain the A%$. My Galaxy S3 is in my pocket and it would be much better to lookup steps, run timers, take notes, and answer call all from the Android!

Any news on when there may be an Android version? I'd even pay more for it after realizing how much I'd use it!

Re: Android version

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:10 pm
by starsailor
Been a whole year with no response. Any update?

Re: Android version

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:40 am
by bpylant
starsailor wrote:Doing a brew today and really, really, really wish I had an Android version of BTP. I have the laptop inside the house running BTP and I'm out on the deck doing a mash and running in and out is real pain the A%$. My Galaxy S3 is in my pocket and it would be much better to lookup steps, run timers, take notes, and answer call all from the Android!

Any news on when there may be an Android version? I'd even pay more for it after realizing how much I'd use it!


Just curious: if you have a laptop why not bring that outside while you brew?

Re: Android version

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:25 am
by jeff
starsailor wrote:Been a whole year with no response. Any update?

The BTPconnect web app should work on Android. Do you need more functionality than it provides?