Feature Requests

Suggestions and discussion about upcoming features in future BeerTools Pro releases.
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

more features for extract and specialty grain brews. Maybe a more intuitive interface for the mash schedules.
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

somewhere to record fermentation specifics

ie

Primary 19 Days @ 52 F
Secondary 30 Days 54 F

etc
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Whoa there, big fella :-)

Post by billvelek »

jawbox wrote:more features for extract and specialty grain brews. Maybe a more intuitive interface for the mash schedules.
jawbox wrote:somewhere to record fermentation specifics ... snip
Heh, heh. I think they mean feature requests after we have had a chance to look at what is included in the new version 1.1 -- which hasn't been released yet. 8)

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by TCBrewguy »

Perhaps I'm missing it, but I would love to be able to select the color formula that BTP uses (e.g., Morey, Noonan, etc.). We discussed this somewhat in the other BTP features thread. I provided all the formulas and would be happy to post them again if you're interested in implementing this feature. This feature could go under the Recipe pulldown menu next to utilization.
Last edited by TCBrewguy on Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacBook Pro 15.4" / 2GHz CPU / 250 GB HD / 1.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / OS X v10.5.8 / 1440 x 900 display / BTP v1.5.12
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by TCBrewguy »

I would really like the ability to add ingredients by simply double clicking on them. In the same manner, I would like to be able to remove items from my recipes by either simply hitting 'delete' or possibly Apple-Delete. I like hot keys! :D
MacBook Pro 15.4" / 2GHz CPU / 250 GB HD / 1.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / OS X v10.5.8 / 1440 x 900 display / BTP v1.5.12
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

How about Control Click

Post by lathe »

Double click is reserved for edit. Perhaps control click would be a good way to handle this.
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA

Re: How about Control Click

Post by TCBrewguy »

lathe wrote:Double click is reserved for edit. Perhaps control click would be a good way to handle this.
Yeah, totally. Either that or Apple-Click. edit: To be honest, I think after I get used to the drag-and-drop feature, this may not be necessary.end edit.

Also, when adding hop addition specs, would it be possible to make tab toggle between the two editable fields? In other words, when I enter the hop addition time and hit tab it would go to the hop amount field.

And one more thing...I noticed when I double-click on an ingredient, I have the option of changing its measurement unit. When I change that unit, however, the change is not being reflected in the main recipe window.
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Very minor suggestions ... but still valid

Post by billvelek »

1. During an install, most programs will automatically add an program icon to the desktop, or at least ask if you want to add one. BTP1.1 does not. No big deal; I went to the program menu, made a copy of the shortcut and then dragged it to the desktop, but to polish the program, that shouldn't be necessary. I have also pinned the program to my start menu.

2. Using the menu command "Online | Forum" causes the forum to open in Internet Explorer, despite that my default browser is Netscape; this occurs whether or not I have my Netscape browser open. I don't know what it does with other default browsers. Very minor requiring that I simply cut and paste the URL into a new tab in Netscape, but the program should EVENTUALLY check for an open or default browser.

3. I notice that there is no UNINSTALL feature in the program menu; this is not necessarily a problem, but since I had such a problem a month or so ago, if the Windows Uninstall is not the best way to do this, then maybe BTP could EVENTUALLY have a dedicated uninstall program.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

ability to change measurement of special ingredients. Right now you are locked into the universal measurement in the preferences. Example Whirlfloc is an each item where irish moss would be measured by tsp etc.
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

Would it be possible to change the proportion % to a click and enter the value same as the boil and quantity fields. It's next to impossible to get the actual % you want by sliding. However, I do love that you added this function to btp 1.1
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

jawbox wrote:ability to change measurement of special ingredients. Right now you are locked into the universal measurement in the preferences. Example Whirlfloc is an each item where irish moss would be measured by tsp etc.
Not sure I understand. BTP won't allow you to enter 1 ea, 2 ea, etc?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

I think the preferences of tsp overwrites it. I'm unable to set it to each.
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

I can change the cost to each when you open it up from the recipe, but thats all. Search function is nice for adding ingredients but now I have to remember that some things are in my inventory and not the databases examples of wyeast VSS that I've added. Also noticed that now the yeast product numbers are not shown when you search, its easier to type 1056 than california ale yeast.

I'm still think that you should be able to add to the master database rather than having two seperate entities for ingredients. Step backwards in my opionion.
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

jawbox wrote:I think the preferences of tsp overwrites it. I'm unable to set it to each.
Units must be specified as abbreviations. Have you tried "ea"?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

jawbox wrote:I'm still think that you should be able to add to the master database rather than having two seperate entities for ingredients. Step backwards in my opionion.
You are entitled to your opinion.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff