Feature Requests Archive A

Suggestions and discussion about upcoming features in future BeerTools Pro releases.
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Re: Let me know

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

jeff wrote:
PieOPah wrote:Sorry, just another thought...

When saving a file, the default is a btp type file.
When opening a file, the default is a rec file.

Would it be possible to have the default opened file a btp as well?
I made a change in v1.0.4 that might help with this, please let me know if it seems to be fixed. Thanks!
Works for me, too. Thanks, Jeff!
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

Jeff/Lathe,

This just dawned on me. I don't see any database for equipment/vessels. Only came up because i'm working on a new recipe and couldn't find the vessels I'd added in another recipe. I know you can create templates, but I'd rather have a database for my equipment especially since I bounce back and forth between AG 5 and 10gal along with some extract & specialty grain recipes. I think a database would be much easier than having multiple template files laying around.

I'm sure this would help with other peoples requests for pre-loaded equipment (assuming people contributed to the database)

Thanks,
jaw
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
SaaM

A database for Vessels / Heating elements would be great

Post by SaaM »

I've ran into issue importing old ProMash recipes since they don't have vessels and plus, it'd be nice if when I get all the measurements for my Eastman Revolution burner that others could use it as well instead of trying to find it themselves.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: A database for Vessels / Heating elements would be great

Post by jeff »

SaaM wrote:I've ran into issue importing old ProMash recipes since they don't have vessels and plus, it'd be nice if when I get all the measurements for my Eastman Revolution burner that others could use it as well instead of trying to find it themselves.
I was thinking the same thing today. Wouldn't it be cool if you could post vessels and heat sources to BeerTools.com just like recipes are. Then others could search through the equipment database online to download equipment for their setup.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

would we have a local database on our computers like we have for styles, grains etc.?

jaw
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
andrewqld
Light Lager
Light Lager

Total water required?

Post by andrewqld »

I noticed on the printed recipe/brew sheet there is no "total water required" field.
I usually preheat my total water at the beginning of the brew day and knowing how much water I will use is pretty helpful.

cheers
Andrew
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Context Sensitive Help

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

This is probably a tall order, but I'd like to see context sensitive help in a future version. I'm thinking of something similar to ProMash in that when you're working in a window clicking a help button (or hitting F1) would bring up a window that explains the intent of the fields in that window. While some fields are self explanatory others are not and I think having the ability to get clarification for a particular field would be helpful.
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

Re: saving recipes in html format?

Post by lathe »

notbob wrote:I think lots of us would like to see the ability to save a file in html format so we can post them on the discussion boards.
Beer Snob wrote:I need to be able to copy the recipe to the forum I'm in so that people can give me feedback on the recipe...to an HTML file.
We agree. We also think that BBCode (code used in most bulletin boards) and plain text should be supported.

So we added it in the latest update (1.0.5).

We also added the beer glass color indicator to the HTML and BBCode export. We serve the image, so that you dont have to worry about uploading images.

Now you can very easily post recipes to blogs, bulletin boards and other internet sites.

To export a recipe as html, BBCode or plain text go to:

File->Export Text

Then select from the drop down menu HTML, BBCode or plain text.

This update is available in My BeerTools.
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

Lathe,

How's about including the mash schedule information in the export?

Something more along the lines of promash & beersmith

http://www.beerdujour.com/Recipes/Jamil ... orter.html
http://www.brew-monkey.com/recipes/html ... tstout.htm

Also, would it be possible to export the html as a file so people could place their recipes on their own websites?

Thanks,
Jaw
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

Would it be possible to have the evaporation rate lockable? When you change the boil time from 60 to 90 mins it recalcs the evap % rather than the evap loss.

jaw
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
notbob
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Re: saving recipes in html format?

Post by notbob »

lathe wrote:
notbob wrote:I think lots of us would like to see the ability to save a file in html format so we can post them on the discussion boards.
Beer Snob wrote:I need to be able to copy the recipe to the forum I'm in so that people can give me feedback on the recipe...to an HTML file.
We agree. We also think that BBCode (code used in most bulletin boards) and plain text should be supported.

So we added it in the latest update (1.0.5).

We also added the beer glass color indicator to the HTML and BBCode export. We serve the image, so that you dont have to worry about uploading images.

Now you can very easily post recipes to blogs, bulletin boards and other internet sites.

To export a recipe as html, BBCode or plain text go to:

File->Export Text

Then select from the drop down menu HTML, BBCode or plain text.

This update is available in My BeerTools.
That's really cool! Thanks.

Maybe eventually we can add more session/recipe info to the code.

It looks great on the board, though. Way above anything to date.

Keep up the great work!

Al
Keith

Post by Keith »

I think ProMash has a feature where you can lock the ingredient quantities to your final volume, and increment or decrement the final volume to automatically scale the ingredients appropriately? That might be nice... assuming I haven't just missed a way to do that in BeerTools.
PieOPah
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by PieOPah »

Keith wrote:I think ProMash has a feature where you can lock the ingredient quantities to your final volume, and increment or decrement the final volume to automatically scale the ingredients appropriately? That might be nice... assuming I haven't just missed a way to do that in BeerTools.
If you put a check mark in the box next to your final volume you can change it from lock to scale. If you select scale and change the final volume your ingredients will adjust
Beer Snob
Light Lager
Light Lager

Export

Post by Beer Snob »

I wanted to say that I think the export part of the style and tick marks is a real cool idea. I, like other here, have commended that we love that part of the program. I think this part of the export should look more similar to the program.... shows where the style is and all. Right now you just see where the tick marks are. The reason I say this is that as others have agreed this is a REAL GOOD part of this program. It's different from the other programs in this way. Whoever exports it will basicly advertise this real strong point of the software :)
notbob
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

I like it

Post by notbob »

Here is a link to a thread where I posted a recipe to show what the export looks like. ...Brew Board

I think it looks good, but could use some refinement as far as information content.

My username is al_bob on those boards.

Al