Feature Requests Archive A

Suggestions and discussion about upcoming features in future BeerTools Pro releases.
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

What version are you on?

Post by lathe »

Bill,

On the PC version select Window-->About BeerTools Pro.

On the Mac version select BeerTools Pro-->About BeerTools Pro.
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff
etbandit
Light Lager
Light Lager

Whats the latest version of BTP?

Post by etbandit »

Whats the latest version of BTP and where can we download it?
Beer Snob
Light Lager
Light Lager

Need to get the recipe out

Post by Beer Snob »

Just downloaded the update. Looks good. One thing that I noticed I either can't do yet or cant' figure out how to do is get the recipe out of the program. I need to be able to copy the recipe to the forum I'm in so that people can give me feedback on the recipe. Like many, I aquire "problems" in my recipes sometimes that are easily corrected by more experienced people looking at it. Something like what Promash does is needed here. You can copy what is printed out to the clip board or to an HTML file.
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

Re: Whats the latest version of BTP?

Post by lathe »

etbandit wrote:Whats the latest version of BTP and where can we download it?
Current version is 1.0.2

Download it from My BeerTools.
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff
barleypopmaker
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: Feature Requests

Post by barleypopmaker »

billvelek wrote:
lathe wrote:Please post feature requests to this topic.
Today you announced a new version; I went to my program to check to see whether I had that current version, considering that I had just downloaded it yesterday, and could find no way to determine what version I have. In other program, when I click on "Help" on the menu bar, there is always a selection such as "About Netscape", or "About WordPerfect", etc., that opens a pop-up window with information identifying the version that is running. I'd like to suggest that you eventually incorporate that feature. In addition, I'd like to ask for an automatic update feature so that it isn't necessary to visit the forums to download updates, especially if they are fixing bugs.

Thanks.

Bill Velek
www.velek.com
www.2plus2is4.com
Go to "Window" then select "about beer tools Pro". That tells you what version you have.
-Jason

Beta testing on an older Dell latitude c610 Laptop
Windows XP Professional SP2
Pentium III
256 RAM
slothrob

Values on axes in schedule window when combined graph shown.

Post by slothrob »

It would be nice if the Combined Graph option displayed the temperature values on one y-axis and the volume values on the other y-axis.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
tjthresh

I figured it out!!!

Post by tjthresh »

Setting up a batch spage session in BTP finally makes sence to me. You have to love it when the light switches on.

Now, one thing I'd like to see in the future, instead of the user entering a predetermined KETTLE VOLUME, it would be cool to have it updated when you tell the session that you are running extract into the kettle or whatever.
Know what I'm saying?
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

How about an upload recipe feature in the my recipes window. Also is there any way of locking your login/pass info so you don't have to manually enter it every time?
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
HardcoreLegend
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by HardcoreLegend »

With Beertools Gold, you can make a print view whish is handy for cutting and pasting to forums and such. The printouts look real good from BTP, but can we get a print preview?

I don't care if it can be saved in HTML or not if we can get a print preview.
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

HardcoreLegend wrote:With Beertools Gold, you can make a print view whish is handy for cutting and pasting to forums and such. The printouts look real good from BTP, but can we get a print preview?

I don't care if it can be saved in HTML or not if we can get a print preview.
Yeah, I'd like to see this feature as well.
docbee
Light Lager
Light Lager

Yeasts submenus

Post by docbee »

I have really enjoyed using the program so far. The only thing that I find difficult (other than the batch sparging) is when searching for yeasts it is so busy with all the different brands. Is it possible to make submenus with "Wyeast" and "White Labs" and "Others" so as to make locating the particular yeast I am planning to work with in my recipe alot easier???

Great work so far and thank you!!!
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

Re: Yeasts submenus

Post by lathe »

docbee wrote:when searching for yeasts it is so busy with all the different brands.
Docbee,

Thanks. I'm curious if the "Find" feature in the ingredients editor is working properly for you. If you type in the name of the yeast company for example it should sort to the products made by that company.

Let me know.
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff
docbee
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: Yeasts submenus

Post by docbee »

lathe wrote:
docbee wrote:when searching for yeasts it is so busy with all the different brands.
Docbee,

Thanks. I'm curious if the "Find" feature in the ingredients editor is working properly for you. If you type in the name of the yeast company for example it should sort to the products made by that company.

Let me know.
Well duh!!! I never even saw that find feature. It works perfect. Thanks for the quick reply.
WildMan

Hops additions

Post by WildMan »

Can you make the hop calculations based on eiother a set weighjt or desired IBU/HBU? This would help with getting consistent bitterness from our bittering hops!
docbee
Light Lager
Light Lager

Stike temp

Post by docbee »

Is there already a way to see the strike temp of different mash/infusions steps on the schedule section. Like right after water added column the strike temp would show in a column, then the final temp.

If not this would be very nice to have so that the info of the schedule is all there since not every infusion is 212.0 F stike temp.

Glad to say I got the batch sparging down and it does make sense!!!
Great program to work with.