Feature Requests Archive A

Suggestions and discussion about upcoming features in future BeerTools Pro releases.
terryf9

New unit of measure

Post by terryf9 »

I would like to see "drop" added as a unit of measure of ingredients. I recently added 2 drops of anti-foam to a boil, but eended up recording it as mg.

Thanks
Terry Felton
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

Recommended RA (Res. Alk.) Level...

Post by bzwrxbz »

for the grainbill.

It would be nice for BTP to propose a recommended RA level (maybe below the beer color or something) so we can adjust our water (if mashing) to hit this.

I have seen the formula ->
Ideal RA = ( SRM * 7.14 ) - 37

being used. This approximate formula seems to match up well with John Palmers equations (Although he has hi and low points, the above formula is the average). Perhaps this can be placed below the colored Beer Glass.

cheers!
Last edited by bzwrxbz on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fermenting : Ordinary Bitter, Hefe
Bottled : Too many bottles

WinXP PentiumIV Res:1920x1200 120DPI

Blog: http://hobbybrau.blogspot.com
slothrob

RA

Post by slothrob »

I like the idea of posting the RA for the SRM, so I don't have to try and remember it or look it up each time I make a new recipe.

A note of recommended ranges for the various minerals, perhaps in tiny print above or below their listing in the Water Chemistry calculator, would also be nice.
Real slick would be if these ranges changed based on the beer style chosen in the main display.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

Display bottling/kegging final volume...

Post by bzwrxbz »

... in a place that can be seen at all times.

This would be the final volume after equipement losses (the current "final volume" shown is pre-losses).

The reason i bring this up, is because i was working with the carbonation values, and was not sure if i had losses due to the fermenter entered in or not. So, I had to go to the dropdown and look at the equipment losses section. This is not the first time that I thought it would be handy to have it shown everywhere. (Or near the top level now where the boiling volumes are)

thx!
Fermenting : Ordinary Bitter, Hefe
Bottled : Too many bottles

WinXP PentiumIV Res:1920x1200 120DPI

Blog: http://hobbybrau.blogspot.com
SunkenBier

Post by SunkenBier »

On many of my brews I do a variable fermentation schedule. I start out low and step up the temp during the fermentation process. It would be nice to have a pleace to record the fermentation temps by day and show a graphical presentation.

As an example I start my belgiums at about 63 degrees and finish at 75 degrees. I step it up two degrees per day.
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Include cubic inches as a volume in the 'Units' calculator

Post by billvelek »

Jeff, I suggest that BTP include "cubic inches" as a unit of measure -- at least within the calculator; that would seem to me to be likely to be as useful as some of the other units of measure. Whenever I brew, I convert the volumes of water used for mash-in, infusions, and sparging, into cubic inches so that I can calculate how many inches -- in terms of pot depth -- I need, using a ruler as a dip-stick. As it is now, each time I've brewed using BTP I've had to use the Internet to do the conversion for me. I might be the only one who uses the above technique, but I'm sure there are at least some other occasions of more common use, such as measuring the internal dimensions of an ice chest mash tun, etc.

Thanks.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
djavet
Double IPA
Double IPA

Export Text: fail Kettle Volume

Post by djavet »

Hello

Could you add the kettle Volme in the Export Text function?
When I post the recipe into forums, people ask every time why my hop are so big :wink:
And then I must every time explain why and give the kettle volume.

Thx in advance,
Dominique
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by TCBrewguy »

I noticed over the weekend that the printout now shows the intended pre- and post-boil S.G.'s of a recipe. This is a really great feature, but is there any way to view this in the app itself instead of having to print it out? Most of the time, I just read my recipe off my MacBook instead of printing it out.

Thanks,
Matt
MacBook Pro 15.4" / 2GHz CPU / 250 GB HD / 1.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / OS X v10.5.8 / 1440 x 900 display / BTP v1.5.12
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

TCBrewguy wrote:I noticed over the weekend that the printout now shows the intended pre- and post-boil S.G.'s of a recipe. This is a really great feature, but is there any way to view this in the app itself instead of having to print it out? Most of the time, I just read my recipe off my MacBook instead of printing it out.

Thanks,
Matt
You just need to hover your cursor over the kettle volume or final volume boxes. The anticipated SG will pop up.
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by TCBrewguy »

ColoradoBrewer wrote:
TCBrewguy wrote:I noticed over the weekend that the printout now shows the intended pre- and post-boil S.G.'s of a recipe. This is a really great feature, but is there any way to view this in the app itself instead of having to print it out? Most of the time, I just read my recipe off my MacBook instead of printing it out.

Thanks,
Matt
You just need to hover your cursor over the kettle volume or final volume boxes. The anticipated SG will pop up.
Beautiful! Thanks Colorado. 8)
MacBook Pro 15.4" / 2GHz CPU / 250 GB HD / 1.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / OS X v10.5.8 / 1440 x 900 display / BTP v1.5.12
SunkenBier

Hopback

Post by SunkenBier »

It would be nice to have hopback put in as an option for the hops stage
bruerik
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by bruerik »

I would like to see a spot to have a fermentation schedule with days and temperature. Have it available for more than primary and secondary but also teriatary (sp?).

Erik
lucas
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by lucas »

I dont really know a way to put this nicely, so I'll be blunt. The "new grain" window is crap. DBFG, DBCG, AICG, FG-CG, etc... wtf does any of that mean? hovertext? nope. help button? nope. online documentation? yes, but it shouldnt come down to REQUIRING me check that.

to add insult to injury, the window is relatively tiny on a 1024x768, it's not as though space were a concern when filling the window with acronyms
lucas
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by lucas »

I'd like to be able to enter the time I add my first hop addition (ie. 12:34pm) and have BTP tell me the time's of each of the following additions. would make less work for me when setting alarms on my phone to remind me to do stuff
just-cj
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by just-cj »

lucas wrote:I dont really know a way to put this nicely, so I'll be blunt. The "new grain" window is crap. DBFG, DBCG, AICG, FG-CG, etc... wtf does any of that mean? hovertext? nope. help button? nope. online documentation? yes, but it shouldnt come down to REQUIRING me check that.

to add insult to injury, the window is relatively tiny on a 1024x768, it's not as though space were a concern when filling the window with acronyms
This was one of my original complaints about BTP -- not only the acronyms in the grain window, but the almost total lack of documentation. Setting up the online wiki was a positive step, but like you, I don't want to have to mess around logging on and checking every time I need a definition. The lack of embedded help has severely limited my use of BTP (and, I'm afraid, has also kept me from recommending it in the various forums). :cry: