switching to laptop

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
brewman
Light Lager
Light Lager

switching to laptop

Post by brewman »

been running beer tools pro on my pc for the last 3-4 years and my pc is starting to get old and want to replace it with a lap top what do i need to do to get my beer tools pro from pc to laptop or do o have to purchase again?
slothrob

Re: switching to laptop

Post by slothrob »

If you go to My BeerTools, in the menubar at the top of the page, then go to Downloads, you'll see where you can download a fresh copy onto your laptop. It will indicate something like 1/4 to indicate how many of your download limit have been used and you'll need to contact Jeff through the Support button, if none remain. Also, you will see the licence key, which you will need to register your new installation of BeerTools Pro.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

Also, you will need to copy your library files to your new laptop in order have your saved recipes and personalized settings available. If you don't know how to do this you should be able to find the info easily by searching the forum. If not, just come back and I or someone else will tell you how.
BTP 2.0.22 (Linux (.deb) 64 bit)
BTP 2.0.24 (Windows 10-20H2)
BTP 2.1.0.9 Beta (Windows 10-20H2)
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

ColoradoBrewer wrote:Also, you will need to copy your library files to your new laptop in order have your saved recipes and personalized settings available. If you don't know how to do this you should be able to find the info easily by searching the forum. If not, just come back and I or someone else will tell you how.
Thank! That's an important detail!
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP